The Best Chocolate Ever

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cslewis, Apr 9, 2006.

1. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Everyone loves chocolate. And in today's world, it seems like there are millions of brands and variations to choose from. There's dark, milk, and white, with different amounts of cocao in each. There's thousands of brands to try: ranging from Hershey's, stamped out in a massive factory, to dozens of tiny makers whose products are like tiny gifts from heaven. You can include nuts, no nuts, nougat, no nougat, cayenne pepper and no cayenne pepper. Personally, I enjoy tiny 5-gram chunks from Scharffen Berger, 82% cocao and so dark that they're almost bitter. What about you guys?

2. Melkor macrumors 6502

Nutragous = the sizzit.

I could live on those.

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hershey's Chocolate will be my all time favorite. Perfect texture and taste IMO. I'm also a fan of white chocolate (which isn't really chocolate, but who cares). Cookies and Cream bars are good.

4. Melkor macrumors 6502

yes Hershey's white chocolate cookies and cream is unreal.

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I don't know about all that stuff you were talking about in the OP, but I do know that the dark chocolate from Leonidas I had in Brussels was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. Seriously. Belgium seriously had amazing food, and their chocolate did not disappoint!

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

When I was in Europe, I got Mozart chocolates... Hazelnut kinda nutella-ish stuff, wrapped in marzipan, covered in decadent dark chocolate.

I had at least 40 of them while I was there.
    BEST CHOCOLATE EVER.

In this country, I'm all about Godiva and the champagne truffles.
    Good. Wow. YUM!

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I have to agree, Hershey makes some awesome chocolate. Of course, I could be a bit biased since I live ~15 minutes away from Hershey, PA. :)

But I am open to eating many other kinds of chocalate- I love it all. :)

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Probably helps make for good eating habits CompUser. :)

Sadly, my taste buds enjoy some chocalate on occasion. :eek: :)

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

While I generally prefer Hershey's, I really like the chocolate coated oranges at Godiva. Nobody else carries them...:(

The most intense chocolate I've had was an 85% Lindt bar. It was really good and bitter, but a bit dry. But....it was sooo good....

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I couldn't deal with the 70%!
    It was so gross!

but I ate it anyway. :D

12. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

I seriously think the worst chocolate in the world is hershey's, I dont know what you guys are talking about!

I think the best is milka chocolate, or lindt.
    There are some really good Polish chocolate out there, probably the best I've ever had but I never catch the name of the companys.

13. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I didn't even have to be the first person to mention it: you got it spot on. That is some of the best chocolate available in the world. I haven't had some in a long time, since our local store closed and I believe only Nordstrom's, a good half an hour away, holds them anymore around here. I'd love to find it again if I could!
    -Chasen

14. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

It's all about the Lindt Hazelnut Milk Chocolate. mmmmm

[​IMG]

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Come now, can it really be that bad? I can understand someone not thinking that Hershey makes the best chocolate in the world. But certainly not the worst chocolate in the world- I have tasted some "generic" branded chocolates, and they were bad. :)

16. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I like taking hersheys dark chocolate and dipping in into Jifs creamy peanut butter, then drinking a glass of 2% milk. maybe thats why my diet isnt working....hmm.

18. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

also Godivas Key lime truffles are excellent.

19. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Hershey's = blech (in general, s'mores aside)

I'll eat it (and it's absolutely perfect for s'mores), but it's nowhere near the best chocolate ever.

The best chocolate I've ever had (and I've had A LOT of chocolate) was from a small chocolate shop that makes their own chocolate in Lausanne switzerland. Flat-out best ever. At Christmas time the line outside the store extends almost a hundred feet.

Boxes of chocolate are put together individually at the counter, from pieces of chocolate you choose, and, if I'm remembering right, a box of 15 or so pieces is ~$30-40 USD. :eek:

Honestly you haven't had true chocolate if you haven't had the small-store varieties you can get in Europe.

20. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Of if you haven't tried it in Mexico?

21. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    vahlrona dark chocolate (72%) is my fav.

the cadbury fruit and nut my friends bring me from london also is fantastic....sadly, i can eat one of their laptop size bars in a day.

22. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

My friend was in Scottland and Ireland and brought back some of the BEST chocolate I've ever had in my life.

23. vniow macrumors G4

My two favourites are anything that contains peanut butter or mint. If there's an open package of either one of those in the vicinity, its mine no matter what I have to do to get into it.

24. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I haven't tried Mexican chocolate...I'll have to get me some!

My mexican friend did bring some mexican candy with him a while back though....I'd stick to the chocolate. ;)

Jarritos, however, are unbelievably good.