The BEST is coming 11.9.06

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Donz0r, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Found this ad in my college newspaper, placed by the campus apple store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

??:confused:

i have no idea what they are referring to. weird? perhaps its a certain campus sale or something.

4. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

you realise those are two seperate advertisements, right?

the apple center one is in a box of its own, seperated by a fraction of an inch from the green box.

also, we live in the same town.

5. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you saying that the green box is Not an Apple ad?! Just look at it, that ad was clearly made by apple.

6. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

what? i'm confused here. can someone help fill me in?

8. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

in the states its month first, then date, then year, as opposed to date month year in europe.

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Looks to me like the Daily Illini is creating some buzz of its own by placing their own ad under an Apple ad. Suspect "The Best" is some new/one-shot portion of their paper ...

10. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I think its a separate ad. Anyways, that day is a Thursday...... Apple usually releases stuff on Tuesdays......

11. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Well, ahhh.:D

I wouldn't want Apple to wait with the C2D MBP until November!:eek:

12. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

"The Buzz" is a seperate campus newspaper, why would the Daily Illini place an ad that tells you to look in the buzz.

I wish i had another copy of the paper, I'm pretty sure that there's an apple ad in this exact same place in every paper. Another one will come out tomorrow. Then i'll show you another apple ad in the exact same spot.

How can you look at this green ad, and say that it is Not an apple ad... same Font, Date Style, simplicity, etc.

13. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not C2D MBP, this is a college newspaper, directed at college students. My guess would be a top-end ipod, but who knows.

The key part is BEST, its big and bold, therefore the product released must be being compared to something else.

14. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

dude. its not an apple ad.

that apple store is not even run by apple.

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

1. Why on earth would Apple start a major advertising campaign in some University newspaper?

2. It's an Apple reseller, not even an Apple-owned store.

3. Can you resize those pics? They're enormous.

16. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I believe it to be an Apple reseller ad.

Apple will have a large booth at the upcoming Educause Convention in Dallas Oct.9th -12th.

The ad says more info on Oct. 12th. The last day of the convention.

I believe,as I've said before.Apple will introduce the new MBP and maybe MB at this convention.

17. savar macrumors 68000

savar

I'm still confused. 10-12-06 is either Oct 12 or Dec 10, either way its not a month old.

But true, they are seperate ads.

18. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

it also says "more info in the buzz and daily illini"

if anyone here has ever worked in setting up ads in a newspaper, its obvious that these are completely unrelated to each other. it would have been one big box, all green. using one b&w and one two color ad would be very expensive.

plus, like i said, they are seperated by a fraction of an inch, which is a lot of space in newspapers.

19. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unless the illini apple center doesnt make the ads for the newspaper and they use Apple ads. Which makes sense because a small campus store wouldn't have time to make a new ad for a newspaper every day, and they have a different apple ad in this same area every day.

20. Gee macrumors 65816

Mate, that's so not an apple ad. The font is wrong, they don't use CAPS like that, there's a missing period on the end of one or both of the two copy lines, ampersands and 'info' are lazy. No class :)

21. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

The layout of the paper clearly shows that this is NOT an Apple Ad, as a former editor for my college newspaper with a degree in journalism, you can trust me on this.

22. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

i just talked to a friend of mine who works at the buzz/daily illini (i live in the same area as the OP), and thats the "build up" for their annual best of the buzz, you get to vote for the best of things in town.

23. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Well, neato. Being the editor-in-chief of the highschool paper came in handy. I knew the moment I looked at that paper the Apple ad was seperated.

It was boxed, and placed directly below the what looks to be the flag. Also, the focus is placed lower on the page.

EDIT: Too bad I don't take forum grammer that seriously.

24. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I assume that post was pre-edit, right? ;)