The best Mac app that no one has ever heard of...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mileslong, Feb 25, 2006.

1. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

its called "Switch 1.05"
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29004

i have every audio program there is i think i couldnt find one that would convert my flac files into mp3. exAct and flacer would convert it to wav or aiff but not mp3, you know, something you can use in itunes. i just came across this little app. its free and it converts it perfectly in a matter of a minute to a high quality mp3. there is apparently a pay version with added features but im not sure you need it for anything.

it hasnt quit or stalled like some reports on there, its the kind of program that we need more of, it fills a niche and its free. i cant believe QT pro wont do this same function :confused: i have never seen it mentioned before on here or anywhere else. even under the flac threads no one ever mentioned it and its the only app that i can see that actually converts flac to multiple formats...

hope this helps someone else out there...

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

seems like a good find to me, i can't get it to download - server might be busy.

easy, free audio converter.

ah, just downloaded. weeeooot.

3. silentthunder77 macrumors member

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

5. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

flac files sound awesome but they take up a ton of room on your HD and you cnat play them in itunes or on your ipod. so i love to download them in that format then encode them to ogg, aac or a high quality mp3.