The Best Mac Dashboard Widgets

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 31, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 65816

James Philp

Well, they got to the party rather unfashionably late!

3. macrumors G5

nagromme

Some of these widgets are just really cool, and really useful. Surprisingly few of them look sloppy, too! Poking through http://www.dashboardwidgets.com makes me want to install Tiger BAD!

But I WILL wait until I am sure my apps are compatible and I have a full fresh backup. I WILL. I WILL... Probably.

4. macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

I was thinking as I checked my Amazon.com order for tracking numbers that a Dashboard widget for tracking numbers would be useful. But, I searched and they already have that, at least for the Konfabulator. I was wanting to write a widget. I suppose I still can... it be good practice.

5. macrumors G5

nagromme

I won't need Package Tracker: Safari/Google does it!

Just put ANY tracking number into the Google bar and hit return. Google will figure out which carrier for you and track it :)

6. macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

This story is so April. Come on man, it's June in most of the world.

They could have at least just focused on Widgets NOT included with Tiger, but I suppose from a marketing standpoint Apple is happy they praised the in-house ones.

7. macrumors G5

nagromme

They DID focus on non-Apple widgets. Only one of their best 10 was an Apple widget, that I recall.

8. macrumors 6502a

The Apple widget was the only one I ever envisage using!

9. macrumors regular

Konfabulator

I enjoy Dashboard, but they [Forbes] missed a few points about Konfabulator. First off, it's not dead, and there are hundreds more (at this point) Konfabab Widgets than Dashboard.

Also, Konfabulator has a feature called "Konspose," which accomplishes the same disappearing act as Dashboard. Finally, Konfabulator is available for Windows now, for what it's worth... :rolleyes: