The Best Music CD Catalog Application?

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Superman07, Dec 22, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

I did a search for this and didn't see much in the way of hits, especially anything that is new.

For some odd reason when I was moving my mp3s over to my Mac from my old PC hard drive I thought everything was fine. Only until I was in the car looking for a song did I realize albums were missing! I was hoping to find a recommended application that will not only let you record what albums you have, but also sync with iTunes and identify the gaps.

A quick search yielded two solutions:

Collectorz Music Application - http://www.collectorz.com/music/
    CDPedia - http://www.bruji.com/cdpedia/

I'm not sure that the Collectorz solution allows identification of CDs not in iTunes, but perhaps I missed something.

Does anybody have feedback on either of these? Others that I may have missed?

2. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

both those are for physical CDs and really won't catalog your iTunes.
    The first one also looks to be PC only.

It seems like you had a issues with transferring the files. besides for finding what songs are on the computer I don't see any real use for this situation, and that can be done in iTunes.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

One of the functions I want is the ability for the software to tell me what CDs that I own and are also not in iTunes. I don't want the software, nor would I have a use, for it to catalog what files/albums that I purchased in the digital format.

Also, did I miss something? I swore the first link explicitly said Mac OS X.

4. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Ok, sorry I was a little confuzzled. cdpedia seem then like the right fit. One of the features I saw was it automatically scanning iTunes and placing a blue mark by any CD that was in your iTunes library.