The Best Products of Q1 2006

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 9, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

How on earth did the iPod HiFi make it onto a list of best products of the year? :eek:

Some of the choices seem obvious, and some of them scream out "filler article." :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

The bit that surprised me the most is that the Dell PC "scored" higher than the iMac but the review actually sounds mediocre compared to the iMac as does the score on the Creative Zen when compared to any of the iPods which don't even get a mention. :confused:

4. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

That's because the iPods weren't introduced in 1Q 2006; I guess they could have done the 1 GB iPod but...they have to change things up sometimes :rolleyes: :D

5. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

That kind of comes across as a bit miss leading as it makes out that a Lenovo laptop would be better than a Powerbook (only because the Lenovo is slightly newer and faster but not because the OS is any better)

6. macrumors 6502a

truz

I agree, pcmag is misleading, BIG TIME. Looks like the "Best Products of Q1 2006" were randomly generated.

7. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Oh, I definitely agree...I'm just saying, that's probably why...right? :confused:

8. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think the X60S levono does well as it has an amazing battery over 7 hours, something no Mac achieves ATM, it'd be nice if Apple released a 13.3" laptop without an optical drive for better battery life, i'd buy it in a second.

9. macrumors 68020

sunfast

No MBP?