The best show on TV.

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacNut, Nov 7, 2004.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Everyone should watch "Arrested Development" tonight at 8:30 on Fox. Its the best show on TV that nobody is watching and it deserves to be recognized. It didn't win best comedy or best writing emmys for nothing. Im sure I'm not the only one that likes this show.

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

i love this show...but fox is going to screw it over by moving its time slot around and not allowing an audience to build up. Fox did this with family guy as well.

Ridiculous.

I'd watch it tonight but i'm going to school to study with a girl i met in class. :D

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Haven't watched it, but have heard good things about it.
    Don't get to watch a whole lot of TV anyway.

I spend too much time on the computer! :p

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought of AD. I'm eagerly looking forward to the season premiere (I've been a fan since the start), which has unfortunately been moved back an hour, or at least so it seems.

5. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

watching the simpsons now... so ill think about it :D

edit: its on now...

6. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I like that show alot, but I typically put all my homework off till sunday night, and its practically against the law to not watch the simpsons in my house, so, after them, I typically have to get down to work...

7. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Not to change the subject, but tonight's Simpsons was awsome! Good season kickoff! :D

8. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

The kickoff is officially next Sunday as this was the Tree House Of Horror it doesn't count as the season premiere.

9. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

My bad... in any case, it was a great episode!

10. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Heh...winning a bunch of Emmys is not getting recognized? Great show though, although I thought last night's episode was a tiny bit on the weak side. What happened to Portia de Rossi? She looks weird all of a sudden.

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

This show is hilarious--I make it a point to be home to watch it on Sundays now. I'm going to buy the Season 1 DVD when I get a chance too.

Did you watch last night? I loved the part when Gob took over Michael's old job, and he put a pool table in the office, and he had the guy behind him knocking out holes in the wall whenever it was getting in the way of him making a shot :) Funny stuff!

12. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I've been hearing about this show for awhile now, but I saw it for the first time last night. It was pretty good, and obviously very different from anything else on TV. Is the show always structured like last night's episode, with Ron Howard narrating everything?

13. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

I've just got into "The West Wing" - great entertainment.

Follow that up with some home-grown favourites from the UK - namely:

• Have I Got News For You (Topical news with a comedy panel of guests), and
    • Top Gear (Undoubtedly, the BEST car show EVER!!!)

14. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I've tried to watch this show on occassion and maybe it's just not my type of humor... I've never really grasped it I guess... I rarely understand what's going on and my interest falls pretty quick on it. Maybe I'll have to check out the first disc of the first season of the DVD and see what's up...

15. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

My favorite show is the Simpsons. Its going to take one heck of a TV show to top the Simpsons, although Family Guy and Futerama have made some good showings.

16. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Yes.

17. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I love this show. I was sad that I couldn't watch it last night. I really need TiVo!

18. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

Honestly, I thought this was the worst TOH episode so far. I think I laughed twice. I hope it's not a good example of the rest of the upcoming season. :(

19. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I agree, it seemed like all the good jokes were in the teaser commercials.

20. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I thought it was good, but that might be because I've been so busy I haven't seen The Simpsons much at all lately--so any episode is a good laugh.

21. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I didn't think last night's episode was as funny as usual. Although, I did enjoy watching Tobias dressed up as one of the guys from "Blue Man Group" while spying on his wife.

22. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have never seen Arrested Development. I try to stay away from the network nightly sitcoms......though I do enjoy Scrubs and That 70's Show. I'm also a big fan of Nip/Tuck.

23. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

I've watched Arrested Development from the start and no matter how hard I try, I can't get into it. I just find all the characters too annoying. If I really wanted to be annoyed, I'd rewatch the Presidential debates of 2000. I've probably only missed 2 episodes of The Simpsons in the last 15 ( :eek: ) years, but my favorite show by far is Family Guy...I can't wait for its return!!!

24. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

The problem I've seen in the first 2 episodes of Arrested this season are that they have dumbed down the plot to attract more viewers.

25. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I thought last night's episode was the worst one yet. The season premiere wasn't as funny as usual, but it was still quite funny and seemed to set up for a very interesting season. It seems that there is more plot development this season. Hopefully, the second episode was advancing the plot in such a manner as to maximize future laughs...We'll see...The funniest thing last night was the rock and scissors thing at the end.