The Big QUAKE Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by dopey220, Jan 2, 2007.

1. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

I'll start this off by asking if there are UB versions somewhere of Quake I and II. Anyone have any idea?

BTW, this is thread is also for general Quake discussion.

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

If Quake I and II have OSX binaries, just play them. They wont require a UB since they're such old games, that arent processor intenstive anymore.

3. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Check this this out for a UB for Quake II. You'll need the data from the original cd as well.

4. dopey220 thread starter macrumors 6502

dopey220

I know. The problem is, I assume they're supposed to run in Classic Environment, but I don't have OS 9 on this machine.

When I clicked the Download link, all I got was a big page of code. Is that an error, or am I supposed to be able to use that?

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out. For whatever reason, it worked just fine when I tried downloading it with Safari. Firefox didn't like it for some reason.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Damn I loved Quake. Playing it on my first PC in 320*240, having friends who could run it in *gasp* 800*600. few years later it's running on everything from my C2D iMac to my Pocket PC.

Not as good as Doom in my books, Doom could scare me and haunt me. Quake was just good.

6. pcypert macrumors 6502

I love Doom on my Nokia e61...would love it if they'd do quake as well.

I remember buying the dang shareware preview disk for 5 or 10 bucks months before the full game came out (on Halloween I believe) just for the NIN songs (sadly was a huge Nails fan back in the day). Played the demo levels over and over...

Paul

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Doom was awesome. I even beat the famously (infamously?) hard-as-hell Final Doom. Yep, both scenarios. I remember one of them being not that bad, but the other one, my god.