The Biggest Upset In Ncaa Football This Year!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rlove06, Dec 2, 2006.

1. rlove06 macrumors member

rlove06

USC loses 13-9 to cross town rival UCLA in a shocking loss. The Trojans are now out of the BCS Championship bowl! I do have to hand it to the Bruins though. They did a good job and keeping the offense at Bay.

Tough break for the Trojans. :(

2. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

Face it, USC deserved to win that game. The 4th quarter pick off and interception just didn't leave USC wtih enough time on the board to score another TD. I'll give UCLA a cookie for that 60 odd yard punt leaving 4 seconds in the game, though. Way to leave em with no chance!

Now 5-1 against UCLA under Pete Caroll.

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I wasn't that surprised, in fact, I'd hope that would happen. There are quite a few who didn't think USC deserved to be ranked #2 after losing to Oregon St. They blew out an Arkansas team that didn't have all its horses early in the season, and now the Arkansas vs. Flordia SEC game still has importance. Bottom line is that the BCS is once again in chaos. I love it. :D

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You'd think the Trojans would be able to provide a decent level of defence against all the dangerous attacks that can arise during the course of the event. But, I suppose, all you need is a few holes in the Trojan defence and all manner of trouble can occur.

5. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

Worst game ever...UCLA Sucks!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Florida isn't doing THAT well against Arkansas. (right now) btw UCLA Sucks!!!!!!!

6. rlove06 thread starter macrumors member

rlove06

Yeah, they really did. Booty blew it. And that punt was perfect to say the least.

Yeah, as much of a USC fan as I am, they didn't hands down own that #2 slot.

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Your well disguised metaphor alluding to prophylactic use is duly noted. :)

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And that's precisely why USC didn't deserve to win the game.

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Phew, that took a while. I was worried nobody would realise that I have no idea what any of you were talking about so instead of researching I just took the low road and made a fairly poorly camouflaged franger reference.

10. rlove06 thread starter macrumors member

rlove06

Yup. They had no heart and played like crap. Not a No.2 performance. :mad:

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Clearly USC is the number two team in the country. I mean, the polls say so. I thought the championship was supposed to match number two and number one?

Oh. Right. After the proper amount of arbitrary weeks.

The I-AA playoffs are where it's at folks. Heck of a game between New Hampshire and Umass today.

12. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

This is good reason why we need a three-game playoff very soon. Don't be surprised that Fox (which has broadcast rights to every BCS game except the Rose Bowl) will force the NCAA to adopt a three-game playoff where the semfinal pits BCS #1 versus #4 in one game and #2 versus #3 in the other game.

Right now, the huge question is can Florida put away Arkansas decisively in the SEC Championship game. If Florida barely beats Arkansas you will see an Ohio State versus Michigan rematch.

13. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

up by 10 and with the ball, I think Florida deserves a shot at Ohio St. I don't like Florida, necessarily, though I do like the SEC. Michigan had their chance, and lost. I don't think the BCS will shaft the SEC again like they did to Auburn, previously.

14. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

That's also what I think. It is just not natural that UM and OSU play twice in the same year. Hope someone else gets a shot to show that OSU is a great, but beatable team.

15. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I think the winner of the SEC title game (prolly Florida as of this writing) should face OSU in the title game. Michigan had their shot, and from what I saw of the game they were rather lucky to be in it.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I agree that they need a true playoff system, The BCS is nothing but a joke.

17. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I hope you mean UCLA deserved to win that game.

18. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I watched most of the game, and it was very entertaining. USC's last drive was a little anti-climactic, and I am dissapointed we won't be seeing an Ohio v. USC game this year :(

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Didn't seem like it. I don't like the sentiment of "deserved to win" for the losing team in sports. The team/person who wins deserves it unless someone cheated.

20. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

UMass totally stomped 'em. What a great a game. I've never seen good ol' McGuirk stadium so filled with energy like that.

21. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Many people in our neighborhood here in Los Angeles had either blue or red banners out today, to show their allegiance to one or the other university for the cross-town battle. I know families that have some of each. I guess they sit on the sofa and take turns cheering!

I thought of something interesting about how the game turned out. Before the current bowl game system was instituted, the Pac 10 winner would play in the Rose Bowl each year, and the annual UCLA-USC game would often determine who went to that game. Oddly enough, this game, played at the Rose Bowl (UCLA's home stadium), dashed USC's hopes to play in a title game, and as a result USC will end up... playing in the Rose Bowl!

UCLA had a good day today. In addition to the mostly-unexpected football victory, their men's soccer team upset Virginia to make it to the finals tomorrow. If they win that match, they will reach an unprecedented milestone: the first university to reach 100 NCAA national championships across all team sports.

22. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

The team that wins puts forth the effort. So they deserve to win, if that word is necessary. I thought UCLA did the things they needed to win. Great game!

23. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

I missed this game, is there anywhere where I can see it? A torrent of the broadcast perhaps? I was told it was indeed a great game by a buddy of mine, and want to see it.

cheers.
    gB

24. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

yeah, i mean, why would an aussie know about football?

just kidding, just kidding.
    we all love you and mj...

25. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade