The Blob - some spots in my pics

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by beige matchbox, Jan 17, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Ok, i've got some spots showing up in my pics, i'm guessing its just some dust, but where :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

kinda hard to see, but theres a blob in the circle, i did have another pic that showed a dozen or so at varying intensity but i can't find it. I dont think the small amount of dust on the end of the lens would do this, so it must be at the other end. The CCD looks good, at least i can't highlight any dust.

So err... any definitive awnser? or am i just going to have to clean the lot :eek:

2. macrumors regular

3. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

5. macrumors 6502a

law guy

Is the orb defect showing up in the same place in all / most of your photos? I assume the answer is yes, but I was just curious to see if there's something funking going on in certain light (I have no idea what - the only one I could think of would be a lens flair caused by sunlight) or if there might some other non-lens / CCD problem.

The equivilent of "is it plugged in" - You've cleaned the lens and this is still occuring? I would wonder about a dried water drop if you'd shot in a mist / rain recently.

6. macrumors 68000

njmac

If you look closely enough the larger blob looks like an apple. Maybe it's a sign. :p

7. macrumors 6502a

Passante

What type of camera do you have. If its a digital SLR then your have to clean your sensor. I have a Fuji S2 and have to clean the sensor now and then.

If its a fixed lens camera and its new I would return it.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

it's a 350D, i'll dig out another lens and see if i can get some spots to show up

If all else fails i'll give it all a scrub out with some soap and water :D (of course i'm joking, it'll be quicker with the hose)

9. macrumors 65816

Roger1

Hmmm. Remember all the weird aiprlanes and flying saucers you don't hear about? It looks like you have a camera that can see them (shhh. Don't tell anybody).

10. macrumors member

I had a similar problem with a Canon SD500. The spot was showing up on every picture. I sent it in for warranty and I think they replaced the CCD. I still don't know what caused it (could pointing the camera at the sun do it?)

-Victor