The Brazilian GP Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Sep 25, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    I think today will be the day we see 2 milestone events happen in F1, the lesser of the 2 being for the first time since 1999 we'll have a different World Champion... it's quite incredible to think that Mika Häkkinen was last driver other than Michael Schumacher to win the World Championship and that was over half a decade ago. :eek:

The more important of the 2 however is that Fernando Alonso will become the youngest ever World Champion, in a season where he has with the exception of a mistake in Canada, driven a near faultless season, with great maturity and speed.

Kimi's chances of challenging for the World Championship all but disappeared after a mistake in qualifying that sees' him line up 4 places behind Alonso in a race which the Spaniard only needs to finish in the top three and 6 points to claim the 2005 WDC.

Qualifying Results.

1. Alonso
    2. Montoya
    3. Fisichella
    4. Button
    5. Räikkönen
    6. Klien
    7. Schumacher
    8. Trulli

Race Prediction.

1. Alonso (WDC)
    2. Montoya.
    3. Räikkönen
    4. Button
    5. Schumacher
    6. Trulli
    7. Barrichello
    8. Massa

2. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    1. Montoya
    2. Raikkonen
    3. Alonso

and some whopping smashes :eek:
  3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    Not to say anything but MSC's winning this one...
  4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Let me guess... you're currently in Sao Paulo and it just happens to have started lashing it down? :D
  5. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
  6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    hahahahahahaha... it's kinda unbelievable that it's the first new/different World Champion since 1999. :eek:

Congratulations to Alonso though, he really has had an exceptional year... driven with great maturity, consistency and when needed... speed, in a car which has been inferior to the McLaren for most if not all of the season.

Notice served on Alonso though... Schu will take it back next year. ;)
  7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    Some comments:

Congrats to Alonso, he certainly deserves the title this year, and should continue to be a top driver for years to come.

McLaren have the best driver combo in F1, the fastest car and will probably win the 2005 Constructors championship. They will be a huge contender next year - I expect to see both Montoya and Raikkonen on the podium rather often next year and Raikkonen is my man for the '06 Driver's Championship.

Renault have a lot of work to do in the offseason if they intend to defend Alonso's title. They have reliability and grip but some extra pace will be necessary - and Fisi will have to shake off this year's bad luck and score more points. Alonso is the real deal but he needs a contender car too.

What will Ferrari's pace look like next year? They had perhaps their best race of the season at Interlagos, and Schuey can drive a slow car faster than anyone. They have the budget and the driver, so I expect (or at least hope) we see big improvements in '06.

Weird incident with the tire coming off Coulthard's Red Bull at the start - it just seems to have popped right off. Bad luck for Williams - disatrous in fact - to have both cars effectively erased in that incident. Webber gets a better quali position by coming back out but the dismal fortunes of Williams continue.

I'm sick of one set of tires per race. :mad:
  8. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    First time i have ever picked the podium :D