The Brits want Dr. Who Back!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stelliform, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

A recent BBC poll of viewers showed that 31% of those polled wanted to have Dr. Who back on the air.... Link here.

[​IMG]

Please Please Please!! (Although I like Blackadder and Fawlty Towers, those shows would suck with different actors...)

Edit: I just had to link the pic they had of Tom Baker. ;)

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

He was the best Dr Who in my lil opinion,even with the cheesy special effects he made the show( along with his hot costars)(Tom Baker)

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

the last two Doctors just sucked. The writing was horrible (although sylvester McCoy wasn't bad) It was all downhill after the 5th doctor. they even made a made for TV movie featuring yet another doctor (don't know what number he was supposed to be though). Even worse. I'd like to see it ocme back, but not if they are going to half ass it. It also would be relaly hard to pull off because if you do a show with higher production value, it loses some of its charm and becomes an awful lot like quantum leap or something like that.

Tom Baker was by far the best. I heard a while back they were going to release his lost episode (the one used for footage in the 5 doctors movie where he didn't actually appear) which was written by douglas adams. Anyone heard what happened with that.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Dr. Who was ok, but if they brought it back they should definitely do something to at least make it look better....and I have to agree, the writing could use some improvement.

D

5. spinner macrumors regular

Tom Baker was without a doubt the best doctor. After he left I quit watching, it just wasn't the same.

6. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

The reason Dr Who was so successful was the story telling.

The 'effects' were just tools to tell the story - it's shame George Lucas didn't appreciate that fact when he butchered the original Star Wars trilogy in the 90s. :(

i_b_joshua