The Broadcast

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by poppe, Feb 2, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Hello everyone.

Well I have submitted a short to the DVXuser film festival. Leo Fernandez and I both directed, produced, and wrote the movie together. If any of you are DVX user members please check out this video and let me know what you think. If you are I think you can still check it out but just can't vote. Thank you!

Link to our DVX homepage:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=81394

Attached Files:

2. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Damn tough crowd.

Just wanted to give a little background.

This is my first film I have ever shot. My partner has shot many movies over ins Asia as well as his summer school at USC. We used a DVX 100 and about 4 lights to light the whole movie. We borrowed a Glidecam from our school for some of the shots. The Broadcast was shot on location at Columbia College Hollywood. There they have a built living room, and for the basement we cleaned out a closet and shot in there.

Well thanks to the people have viewed this so far.

3. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

The video is now up on DVXuser to watch.

http://www.dvxuser.com/dramafest/

Hope you all can visit it and give me feed back, and if you like it then vote for The Broadcast.

4. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Hey man,
    I thought it was pretty good. Definitely could be worked into a feature length script. :cool:

My two suggestions:
    (I don't know your circumstances, but) I would have used a tripod on a couple of the shots where the camera was free. I'm a stickler on shaky cams…:p

And I would remove the shot of the Emergency Broadcast sign on the tv at about the 5:18 mark. I think it breaks the tension that could be created there. ;)

Cool! :D

5. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

hey thanks for the comments. I totally understand the tripod comment. Originally we had a Glidecam inlined so that we could have moving shots with a minimal shake, but in the end egos, time constraints, and the time we reserved the Glidecam for ended up getting in the way...

Thank you for the comment on the emergency broadcast thing. I'll have a look at it. I think the reason we had it was because a light was glaring out in through the window. I'm gonna watch it and look at the emergency broadcasting thing to see if a change would help the tension.

Thank you so much for the comments and taking time to look at the film.

P.S. I'm jealous of your computer setup