The Bush Dyslexicon

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I've been reading the above-titled book by Mark Crispin Miller, and I thought I'd share some classic "Bushisms" with you. A number of these are familiar, but many of them I'd never heard before:

My only regret about this book is that it was written in 2001, and you know there has to be a treasure trove of mangled Bush verbiage since then.

There's a lot of other good material in the book, passages far too long to reprint here. Much of it is interview material in which Bush equivocates, denies facts, changes the subject, or simply doesn't answer the questions put to him.

I keep hearing that this guy is not the moron he's made out to be, but I think I'd concede that point in only one area: he's an expert at dissembling.

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I've been collecting Bushisms for years. Here's a few from the last campaign:

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Slate keeps a running list, also has links to four more books and a day to day calendar.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That's been the source of many quotes in my collection, but I believe my list is even longer. In fact I know it is, because they haven't listed several I sent them for inclusion.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Thanks for the link. I didn't know Slate kept continuous track of such things.

This is near the top of their page, and I remember hearing it the other day:
    Now when I saw this clip, it was on CNN, and they played it straight. Nevertheless, I fully expected the very next shot to be Jon Stewart, staring into the camera with that dumbfounded look he always wears when confronted with one of Bush's inanities.

Well, they cut back to the CNN anchor, of course...but a day or two later, The Daily Show did use the same clip, and Stewart did react that way. The audience was rocking with laughter, not at Stewart, but at the stupidity of Bush's remark.