The Calm after the Expo

Discussion in 'Community' started by arn, Sep 19, 2003.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I didn't think Apple Expo would be such a big event...

but it was... I guess people were waiting for powerbooks.

But traffic was really high right before the expo. After all expos, the numbers drop off, and we get a bit of a lull.

Overall, a good event, though.... and still fun/exciting. Always underscores the uniqueness of the Mac community.

over 1000 people on various IRC channels relaying information from the Keynote. The keynote being translated from English -> German -> English in real time by someone in Germany and transmited over iChat to us. All at 4am EDT. :)

arn

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Well at least there won't be hundreds of threads claiming specs on new PB's, or wireless mice and keyboards. Now we can get back to G6 rumors!
    We got to have something to fill the threads.

3. iGav macrumors G3

Re: The Calm after the Expo

Don't forget though, we've still got MacExpo 2003 in London to go yet.. :eek: :p :p

Expect MR traffic to eclipse any previous Expo event and cause imminent server meltdown with the much rumoured but expected Keynote from Mohammad, Manager of the bigger of the Micro Anvika stores on Tottenham Court Road announcing specials deals on DVD-R media, 2 packs for £20 and free mouse mat with any Mac purchase! and if you're really lucky maybe a sticker thown in for good measure!!

I'll be there, with a live feed, direct and exclusive to MR stay tuned in for all the latest Mac happenings at 4am EDT on the 20th November!! It's an event you won't want to miss :p :p :p

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Yeah, well the keynote left people asking questions and feeling dissapointed. I mean there is no real news of anythign now. Panther will be out uh when? People are off playing with powerbooks . the only constant discussion I see is 'why my one button mouse sucks'