The Calm Before The Storm

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Jan 29, 2007.

What do you think the next Apple product release will be?

1. 8-core Mac Pro

3 vote(s)
  2. iLife '07

6 vote(s)
  3. Leopard & iLife '07

17 vote(s)
  4. iMac revision

1 vote(s)
  5. Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

5 vote(s)
  6. touchscreen video iPod

3 vote(s)
  7. notebook revisions

0 vote(s)
  8. other

0 vote(s)
  1. roland.g macrumors 603

Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    Ok, well with Apple there is really never a storm. They space out their product announcements too much. Yet it seems that when there is a lot of speculation, rumors of this tuesday or that, nothing comes of it, and when there is very little rumor news, at least regarding hardware, is when Apple surprises us with something.

So given the fact that we haven't seen anything recently, MWSF and the iPhone are slowly getting old, maybe we're due for something right around the corner. Might not be tomorrow, or next tuesday, but I expect something soon. I doubt February will come and go with only a Now Shipping on :apple:tv and Airport Extreme. We might not get Leopard, but should know when.

What do you think the next Apple product release will be?
  2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    ilife and iwork '07. I'm very surprised to see so many people think that Leopard will be the next release. IMO there's no chance of that whatsoever, and if it were the next release, we wouldn't be very happy because it's surely a good long way away still.
  3. ready2switch macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2006
    I voted mini for two reasons:

1) Processor: It was updated last February and has only seen a minor bump since that time, plus I would think Apple wants to have their whole lineup to be 64-bit before Leopard is released.

2) Other: I can see a few other boosts to go along with a merom drop-in, especially since the Apple TV is now out and there is room for the mini to grow beyond the original media hub it was suited for. (dedicated graphics, draft-n wireless, etc.)

Oh, and I think the other big releases will wait to ship with Leopard pre-installed, so the mini is something to tide us over until then.
  4. tshakey macrumors member

Jan 27, 2007
    after apple's non-computer related announcements in Jan, i'm expecting them to focus on the computer side of things next time, probably leopard and ilife 07
  5. ronni3 macrumors regular

Dec 26, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I think we will be seeing Leopard & iLife '07 very soon, and maybe the newer slim-MBP.