Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asharahmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
Third time running for me! Last year I was OP of the Canada iPhone 6 thread, year before that too under the name CanadianGeek! So, anyone else pumped for the new phones?! Talk about carriers, phone variants, shipping, etc! It's all fair game, eh?

Please note that the pricing listed may be the pricing, no one knows so this is my best guess. I will update once official pricing has been released. Promise!

Pricing will probably be as follows:

UNLOCKED FROM APPLE.CA

For iPhone 6s:

16GB: $899
64GB: $1029
128GB: $1159

And for iPhone 6s Plus:

16GB: $1029
64GB: $1159
128GB: $1289

ON A TWO-YEAR TERM

For iPhone 6s:

16GB: TBA
64GB: TBA
128GB: TBA

And for iPhone 6s Plus:

16GB: TBA
64GB: TBA
128GB: TBA

FAQ taken with permission of user Taylor-C, OP of the UK thread!

What time do pre-orders start?
Pre-orders start at 3:01am EDT on Saturday, September 12th.

When will I get my phone?
Launch day is going to be September 25th, two weeks after the phone goes on for pre-orders.

Should I pre-order from the desktop store, or mobile app?
Typically the app is more stable when pre-orders first start, compared to the desktop store.

Is there a limit to how many iPhones I can order?
Apple typically imposes a limit of ordering 2 iPhones per Apple ID.

Will my order be delayed if I order a case/Apple Care with the iPhone?
In the past, people have experienced delays in receiving their orders if they order any accessories along with the phone. It is recommended that you order the iPhone separate to any accessories to avoid the potential delay.

Once I pre-ordered, Apple placed a hold on the funds in my account but released it a few days later without taking the money. Is there something wrong with my order?
When you pre-order from Apple and pay by credit or debit card, Apple will place a ‘hold’ on the amount with your card company. This checks you've got the funds, and stops you spending them. However, a hold only lasts a few days, after which time your card company will automatically make the funds available to you to spend again. When you see this happen, it is nothing to worry about, it DOES NOT mean Apple has cancelled your order. Apple will not take the money out of your account until the day of shipping.

What courier will my order be delivered by?
Apple typically dispatches orders with UPS and FedEx.

My order has been shipped with UPS, how can I track it?
On your order page there will be a tracking number starting with ‘1Z’, simply copy and paste it into the tracking box on the UPS website and it should display your tracking results. Please note that tracking numbers may take some time to become active.

Last edited:

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
$698 for a 6s Plus 64gb on a two year contract? That's how much it would cost from Rogers or Bell or whatnot? Good lord...

asharahmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
$698 for a 6s Plus 64gb on a two year contract? That's how much it would cost from Rogers or Bell or whatnot? Good lord...

It's possible, and yes I know. Crazy. I talked to a friend who works at Rogers and that's what he told me.

Number-Six

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2013
I'm curious, why do you think the phones will all be $100 more than the current models?

asharahmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
I'm curious, why do you think the phones will all be $100 more than the current models?

Because there usually is a $40 USD price premium, $939 CAD works out to $700 USD which is around $40 more than US price.

Number-Six

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2013
Price Premium? :confused: The Sim-Free iPhone 6 is $649 USD, which works out to $860 CAD at today's conversion rates.

The iPhone 6 is priced at $839 CAD

asharahmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
Price Premium? :confused: The Sim-Free iPhone 6 is $649 USD, which works out to $860 CAD at today's conversion rates.

The iPhone 6 is priced at $839 CAD

There's generally a price premium in Canada even after the exchange rate, last year it was $40 more. If it is the same then it will be around $900 base

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Speaking of Canada, are there any new rumblings on apple pay up here? i don't need a new phone when i still can't use the main new feature of the last phone :p

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Speaking of Canada, are there any new rumblings on apple pay up here? i don't need a new phone when i still can't use the main new feature of the last phone :p

It's been a while since hearing anything. But last I heard was this fall (October/November) I expect it to be announced next week at the iPhone event. (Apple Pay for the UK was announced only one month before launch at the WWDC last June and launched July.)

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
I have always bought unlocked iPhones since iPhone 4S, but holy crap 1069$ for the 64 gb :O. It will come to 1200$ with taxes !! Having second thoughts about upgrading from the 6 now.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I have always bought unlocked iPhones since iPhone 4S, but holy crap 1069$ for the 64 gb :O. It will come to 1200$ with taxes !! Having second thoughts about upgrading from the 6 now.

No kidding. Who really needs to spend that kind of money to replace a 1 year old phone? I'm starting to wonder if it'll even be worth upgrading when the 7 comes out.

Reactions: AnorexicPig

maricc

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
No kidding. Who really needs to spend that kind of money to replace a 1 year old phone? I'm starting to wonder if it'll even be worth upgrading when the 7 comes out.

REmember, your resale value of the current models will go up considerably. I sold my 5s last year for $500 CAD, i'll probably be looking for closer to $800 CAD for my 6+

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
REmember, your resale value of the current models will go up considerably. I sold my 5s last year for $500 CAD, i'll probably be looking for closer to $800 CAD for my 6+

Hard to get such values here in Winnipeg, kijiji is flooded with iPhone 6 for 600$ and some are unlocked versions. When 6s launches, values will plummet even more. If I manage to sell mine for 600$, I will need to put in 600$ more for a similar 64gb 6s.

Earlier, I used to put in 250$ more and upgrade, now even if I get 700$ (unlikely), I have to put in 500$ more.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010

True, but in the past I've just given my old phones away to friends or family members who want them. I guess if I buy a phone off contract like I'm considering in the future, I may want to be less altruistic.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
It's been a while since hearing anything. But last I heard was this fall (October/November) I expect it to be announced next week at the iPhone event. (Apple Pay for the UK was announced only one month before launch at the WWDC last June and launched July.)
Definitely my hope, although there seemed to be a lot more chatter ahead of that official announcement.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Hard to get such values here in Winnipeg, kijiji is flooded with iPhone 6 for 600$ and some are unlocked versions. When 6s launches, values will plummet even more. If I manage to sell mine for 600$, I will need to put in 600$ more for a similar 64gb 6s.

Earlier, I used to put in 250$ more and upgrade, now even if I get 700$ (unlikely), I have to put in 500$ more.

Incidentally, has anyone here ever tried reselling through the Orchard app? For those not familiar, Orchard is an app/service that you install on your phone. It'll basically do a diagnostic of your device to make sure that the hardware is functional. It then tells you the value of the device and if you agree to sell, you'll be sent a box to pack your phone in, and you just send it in to them and receive the money. No auctioning, no haggling, no sketchy meetings.

I imagine that since they do all the work for you, you probably don't get as much money as if you did it all independently, but the main reason why I haven't sold my phones in the past is because it just seems like a hassle.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Calling Fido next week before the announcement to pay out my current contract and prep my account for an upgrade/preorder :D

Chicki

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
I have an apple giftcard to use and Rogers will force a plan change on me if I try to upgrade, so I really just want to buy directly from apple. But this is going to hurt. Laptop pricing for a phone is going to be hard for me to wrap my head around. I really had my heart set on a 6s+ :(

I wish I could do it with a plan, but I have a 6gb plan for $50/month... all the plans I've seen lately are like $90 for 2gb... decisions, decisions lol

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Incidentally, has anyone here ever tried reselling through the Orchard app? For those not familiar, Orchard is an app/service that you install on your phone. It'll basically do a diagnostic of your device to make sure that the hardware is functional. It then tells you the value of the device and if you agree to sell, you'll be sent a box to pack your phone in, and you just send it in to them and receive the money. No auctioning, no haggling, no sketchy meetings.

I imagine that since they do all the work for you, you probably don't get as much money as if you did it all independently, but the main reason why I haven't sold my phones in the past is because it just seems like a hassle.

Sounds good, but as you said it will probably be less than what someone can get privately. And fortunately, I have had pretty good experiences when selling my previous phones on kijiji.

Anyhow, after getting hit with the reality that a new 64gb 6S will be 1100$+, am most probably going to skip upgrading for the first time. Apple has priced me out.

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Sounds good, but as you said it will probably be less than what someone can get privately. And fortunately, I have had pretty good experiences when selling my previous phones on kijiji.

Anyhow, after getting hit with the reality that a new 64gb 6S will be 1100$+, am most probably going to skip upgrading for the first time. Apple has priced me out.

Still just a prediction price, mate. Who knows, price could still very well remain the same as right now.

Last edited:

asharahmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
I have an apple giftcard to use and Rogers will force a plan change on me if I try to upgrade, so I really just want to buy directly from apple. But this is going to hurt. Laptop pricing for a phone is going to be hard for me to wrap my head around. I really had my heart set on a 6s+ :(

I wish I could do it with a plan, but I have a 6gb plan for $50/month... all the plans I've seen lately are like $90 for 2gb... decisions, decisions lol
I'm paying $60 for 10GB, consider a SK/MB plan. They are current and you can upgrade with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.