I started having battery issues with my ipod 4 over the last year that had gotten worse, to the point of the ipod lasting only an hour or less on a full charge... the Apple store was kind enough to exchange it for a new one (not refurb, but brand new...still had 4.3 on it) for the cost of the battery... Last Christmas, I received a Griffin Survivor case for my iPod. Check it out here. As far as I can recall, the battery issue started after this. While it's a little bulky, I loved this case and used my iPod pretty often, but I never noticed heat coming from the case. But that's not surprising, since the case was pretty thick I probably wouldn't have noticed. But now that I have a brand new iPod 4 from Apple to replace my failing battery in the first, I am a little paranoid.... I don't want this to happen again, so ATM I am using an old case that only covers the back and side, allowing plenty of ventilation, but here's what I wanna know. After looking at the link above, is it likely that my case is the cause of the battery failure, or was it just coincidence that the battery went bad while using that case??? I question this because when I search the web I found warning against using these types of cases because they completely restrict airflow around the device...after a while of use it does tend to get warm, so I could see this being a possibility... but then I have also seen it posted that this isn't an issue.Thoughts?