The Chef **** on South Park

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sdashiki, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Been said in the Chef Quit South Park thread:

I personally just finished watching it, and I have to say it was quite fitting to exactly what you would have expected after the current events surrounding Isaac Hayes quitting.

Oh, and in case people didnt want to know right away the **** is DIES, yes Chef dies on South Park.

Falls a la Homer Simpson down a cliff, onto a vertical pointy shrub.tree.branch, Mountain Lion eats his arms, onlookers shoot for lion missing and hit his chest, bear eats him, he craps his pants, and shoots what looks to be a dildo out as well.

Just thought we'd need a seperate thread to possibly talk about this ep.

2. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I read the title of this thread in my RSS feed and I was like "I just posted about this", then I read the thread and realized you quoted me :).

Anyways, I didn't think they'd pick on Hayes and Scientology so much, but it was really really funny to see it.

3. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

yeah..... he is dead....

but..... it looks like he will be back in a "Dark" way...... :)

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

If you want to watch it, you'll need to watch the Scientology episode (called "Trapped In A Closet") first. You can watch it without it, but this entire episode is all related to that one...

Yeah, and just to catch people up, Isaac Hayes (Chef) quit South Park this week because of that Scientology episode I mentioned. (Although, in January, he said people shouldn't take the show seriously or be offended). So, this episode was made very recently.

Great episode, as usual.

5. mrwildguitar macrumors regular

mrwildguitar

It looked just like a piece of poo. I could be wrong though.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i loved that episode! I was laughing hysterically. At points i considered rolling the floor but it was more comfy to stay under my blanket :) . I loved Chef's lines to the children. I would repeat for humor, but i dont think the MR mods would appreciate :p

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Great episode! This is goin' down in pop culture history.

8. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

If you missed tonight's episode, turn on Comedy Central RIGHT NOW - it's being played again!

(I'm so glad I stayed up!)

9. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

"I'm gonna make love to the children."

10. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

"I'm gonna....I'm gonna...."
    "Come on Chef!"
    "I'm gonna make love to ya woman, I'm gonna lay ya down by the fire!"
    "YAY!"

11. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

So did anybody else notice that all of Chef's lines sounded like (and I'm guess were) recycled lines from past episodes? Might explain why it sounded so choppy and spliced.

12. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

They wanted it to sound spliced. They could have made him sound more natural.

Blame it one the Super Adventurers Club.:D

13. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

Or the scientologists :p

14. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

so many stabs that scientology... but not directly

i love this show

and an episode only takes, at a max, 6 days to create (sometimes only 3 days). so this probably started sometime last week. :cool:

15. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

ah you beat me to it! I saw this and they even ran the story on CNN Headline News this morning! They played Kyle's eulogy part.

16. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

His voice illustrated that he was under "mind control," speaking and acting as programmed.

Did anyone notice the children's unconditional love of Chef, knowing he was "under the influence" so to speak?

COS is very scary. South Park sure keeps things topical.

17. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

I think what matt and trey do with south park is a very good thing. i mean, they are always making serious big "news" things out to be the jokes they really are. great show, great writing.

18. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Like e-clipse said, they wanted it to sound spliced and choppy, because of his "mind control." However, Isaac Hayes quit - so, obviously, there would be no way for him to voice the charachter... so they did use clips from past episodes.

However, they could have made it sound more natural - when he wasn't under mind control when the kids take him to the strip club, he sounds normal, though the voice is just clips from other episodes.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Hate to cross post, but...

Well, he did have a stroke, and apparently that press release that said he quit the show because of the Scientology thing was put out by fellow Scientologist Christina "Kumi" Kimball, a fashion executive for designer Craig Taylor. According to foxnews.com, "Hayes loves 'South Park' and needs it for income. He has a new wife and a baby on the way." He was on the Opie & Anthony Show in December last year and openly said that he had no problem with the way Matt and Trey handled the Scientology episode.

I don't know who to believe anymore.

20. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

21. rock6079 macrumors 6502

if youre referring to when he dies at the end and cartman says he might sitll be alive... yes that was poo.. it was a reference to a previous south park episode where cartman, and i believe kyle have a bet when cartman says that the last thing people do before they die is crap their pants... he wins the bet if you were wondering.

22. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

I don't believe that this is the case.

In typical Trey and Matt style I think they were ripping on another one of Hollywood's "tricks" when someone leaves a show or dies. It's the cheesey way that they recycle the old lines. I think it was done on purpose and was NOT supposed to be the mind control (that he was clearly suffering from).

23. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Yeah, he doens't have to have a problem with it.

Those over at MindHead are the ones who have a problem with it and Hayes' (and others) dependancy on that "religion" is just nutso.

They're almost as bad as catholics. ;)

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-03-28/
    I repeat, don't know who to believe.