The Chinese GP Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Sep 24, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

From the very oldest to the very newest... new track and a new country for the F1 circus.

I have to admit the circuit looks very impressive... more so then the other 2 newish tracks of Malaysia and Bahrain... can you say 1km straight, and a hairpin that makes Loews seem like a flowing corner!Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :D

And has anyone seen the size of that grandstand??? :eek:

As it's a new track... I don't have the foggiest as to who will be on pole, after first practice the BAR's and McLaren's are looking very strong, Ferrari less so... so Qualifying is going to be very interesting!! ;)

This race also see's the return of Jacques Villeneuve, replacing Trulli at Renault... which is kind of surprising as Trulli has really whooped the supposed Heir to Schu's crown Alonso this season, and has made him look rather ordinary!

Judging by the circuit though... this should deliver a cracking race, following in the footsteps of the double-corker of the Belgian and Italian GP's and we have the best circuit on the calender for the next race, the mighty Suzuka in Japan!! what a roll!! :D

Qualifying predictions.

1. Button
    2. Räikkönen
    3. Schumacher
    4. Barrichello
    5. Coulthard
    6. Sato

Race prediction

1. Schumacher
    2. Button
    3. Barrichello
    4. R Schumacher
    5. Montoya
    6. Coulthard

Thoughts??

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Warning: MASSIVE SPOILER

That was a messed up quali.

Well, a Minardi's at the back and a red car up front, so it had some semblance of normalcy ;)

But man, Schumi losing it like that in the first corner, I'd hate to be in his way after that :eek:

3. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

4. belair macrumors 6502

belair

I saw an interview of Shumacher just after the incident on german TV and he was as surprised as the viewers. He was not shure if it was a driving mistake or if the car had some kind of trouble. (It understeared insted of overstearing)

Anyways, I suppose thet he will start from the pitlane now. It's going to be interesting to see Schumi working his way up trough the grid.

Will he make it to the podium?

5. belair macrumors 6502

belair

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

It's going to be quality watching him race back to the front isn't it!! heehee!!

He came back from last place in Monza to come within a whisker of winning that race, and had he not spun, he would have won it easily!!

So lets hope tomorrow that Ferrari allow him to remap his engine like they did at Monza (this was suggested in the Independent that for the first race this season, the Ferrari V10 was fully unleashed at Monza to help them recover the situation) and we'll get to see him fight to the front.

I'm expecting him to fill up with fuel and start from the pitlane, and possibly do a one stopper!!

Can't wait!! :D

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    its not an impossible task with a great car, and great team, and great strategy, not to mention great driver

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Hell yeah! It's gonna be great watching him slice an dice up through the grid :D

9. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I wonder whether Ferrari will decide to change the engine and tank him up and make him start from the pitlane??

With a new engine, they won't have to worry about the mileage, and thus reliability and then that would allow Schu to use the Monza spec-engine remap setting :D

Can't wait for the race... looks like there's a good couple of overtaking places!! :D

Come on Schu!! :)

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm hoping for Rubens-Button-Schumi :D

Oh, and both Toyotas had better finish this time, they've twice cost me a win! :mad:

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Warning: MASSIVE SPOILER

Okay, I was close. Rubens-Button-Kimi works too.
    Schumi had such a ****** weekend, I bet he's out of the country by the end of the day.

Of course, once again, a Toyota keeps me from getting more points :mad:
    I also wish Button hadn't qualified as well as he had. If he had quali'd 5th, and finished 2nd, I would have gotten 5 + 6 instead of 8 + 2. Okay okay, a whole one point difference, but still!

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i cant believe schumi spun 3 times

congrats to rubens he drove fantastic

at least there was a prancing horse ont he podium

13. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I really am rather impressed with that track... :) certainly offers up plenty of overtaking... for the last 3 races now (ignore Hungary and we could say last 5) there really does seem to be little wrong with F1 currently (except the astronomical costs) but we've had some excellent racing, with plenty of overtaking! It's a shame that as the odd boring race pops up, the media soon forget the cracking races and start with the 'boring' headlines and the like!!

Congratulations to Rubens, he drove an excellent race, at one point I really thought he'd messed up when Button was 8 seconds ahead and they all had to make 1 more stop, but he really pulled out the stops in the those laps!! quite possibly his finest race win yet!!

Button also did outstandingly well... unfortunate not to win in the position he was in with 20 laps remaining, but qualified superbly considering he was heavier than the cars in front, 1 less stop almost worked out for him!

I can't believe how Kimi lost 2nd though... that was a royal f**k up by McLaren changing the strat to try and beat Barrichello... they had no hope there.

Schu provided plenty of entertainment, hopefully that was his seasonal untidy race out of the way... :p the move on on Klien was so optimistic though!! :eek: :p :p unfortunate to spin and have a puncture otherwise his pace would probaly have made him top 6 if not quite the podium!! he was really flying at the end though, the guy had some serious, serious pace this weekend... but for bad luck and errors it's not gone his way this time!!

Either way... makes no difference, it's all gravy now with both championships sealed and Rubens 2nd place confirmed, hopefully we'll see dry conditions at Suzuka and Sau Palo so we can get another couple of excellent races to finish the season!

Outstanding!

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's all I'm tuning in for :D Though i have a sneaking suspicion that Barrichello will take first if Schume does make it back up to the front ;)

15. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    well, that was the first GP i've watched all the way through in years i think. maybe a couple in '99.

great track and a good race. personally i think they should go back to no refuelling, so only pit for tyres. i think it's much more exciting that way. too many times the race is won with the pit stop, so there's no overtaking.

is there a GP in the US next year?? if so, i may have to go, and if the timing is right, the Aussie one too (if there is one)

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Both are on, unless Bernie pulls some more stupid **** ;)