The CIA Leak: Plame Was Still Covert

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Feb 5, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

cheney, eh? i assume no one's shocked.

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Too bad nothing will come of it until next January.

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

That is an _amazingly_ convenient time for the trial.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nope. Not at all. Just figured they'd find a patsy, but after they said it might not be Rove, I knew it had to be him. How can anyone defend this and call themselves a patriot.

I'd say I was even more outraged, but I was already pretty outraged.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No kidding. But you can thank Fitzgerald's straight-arrow streak for that. Unlike the Starr team which leaked like a sieve and sought for timing that would hurt Clinton, Fitzgerald has no intention of letting politics dictate his actions. He's most likely putting the trial off until then so as to avoid 'political bias' charges that could influence potential jurors for his trial.

This is how a professional prosecutor does it.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well its coming out today Msnbc is reporting that Cheney was behind the leak in some fashion, I had predicted many moons ago that it would lead to him. The president has been using spin and lies to cover the vp. What do you expect from a bunch of draft dodgers. Discusting to think these guys are running our country. Our own VP outing a Cia agent for political gain. Thats discusting. Im sure the republican ran govt will do little if anything.

7. aquajet macrumors 68020

Link

8. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I want to see Cheney executed for treason. Seriously. Neocons are such ***** evil bastards.

9. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

That might be taking it a bit too far...:eek: :) :D

10. aquajet macrumors 68020

Well I'm not so sure about such drastic measures, but if the latest news isn't sufficient for immediate impeachment proceedings, I don't know WTF is. :mad:

11. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Well, of course, that's what I really mean. But I want people to talk about execution and treason so that "reasonable" people will say, "OK, that's too much, we should just impeach him." Impeachment should be the minimum action.

12. aquajet macrumors 68020

To be honest, if Cheney was tried and convicted of treason, and subsequently executed, I wouldn't get in a huff about it. ;)

13. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Perhaps this kind of thinking explains the majority of liberal hysteria going on these days. Are all liberals using hyperbole in this manner or is it just you?

14. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

So could this whole debacle end in President Rice?....

If Cheney is forced to resign that opens up the VP post for an appointment by Bush. Since Rice seems to be one of the preferred when promotions come due she could end up in the VP slot. If Bush then gets nailed for either authorizing the classified leaks or the NSA spying, or something else she could end up the President by the end of 2007....

Not sure if this is a good scenario but it has to be better than "President Cheney," those two words scare me more than anything else at the moment and is one of the best reasons not to impeach Bush yet...

15. aquajet macrumors 68020

I'd love to hear more examples of "liberal hysteria." And what criteria are you using to classify miloblithe as a liberal?

16. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

what do you think of cheney telling libby to out a CIA agent?

17. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

btw -- guess who would preside over the senate's impeachment trial of cheney? that's right -- cheney!

link

18. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

19. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I really can't get over this quote... its just too good!!!!

My paraphrase:
    What we really need is to make ourselves sound completely unhinged! That way, maybe people will come to see things our way!

20. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Have you paid any attention to political rhetoric? Politicians always go out on a limb to steer the "center" to their side.

Now: try to answer Zim's question.

21. aquajet macrumors 68020

Well, we all know how miloblithe feels about the subject, so how about you? Are you going to answer zimv's question? I'd really like to know too.

22. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Since everyone wants to know what I think...

I doubt it really happened. A few months ago you all were screaming about Rove. Nothing came of that. Libby's trial will be thrown out or he'll be found not guilty. And nothing's going to happen to Cheney either.

And whats more, no normal people care about this whole ridiculous situation.

23. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Hyperbole, attempting to define the "center".

Thank you for illustrating my point.

24. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

25. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

a couple follow up questions...

i'm not certain what effect comments made here have on the reality of what happened in the plame leak. regardless, and i realize i'm asking for you to speculate, but let's say cheney did give the go-ahead for the leak. what would your opinion of that be?

at this point, there've been no legal proceedings against cheney as there have been against libby, so i'm going to separate the questions:

- do you think libby will be found not-guilty because he is not-guilty, or because the prosecution won't be able to make it stick?

- for cheney, will "nothing" happen because he's guilty of nothing, or do you think, if he is guilty, he'll be able to avoid indictment and/or a move for impeachment?