The CIA 'old guard' goes to war with Bush

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 10, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The stakes are getting higher...

For us in other countries who look on in dismay, it shows that the current US administration have split the country from top to bottom and polarised the voting population...

Instead of realising the slimness of their majority and the weakness of their mandate, they've squandered their opportunity to unite the country.

Furthermore, with the increasing political power of the Christian Right and their influence over the GOP, it doesn't bode well for the future.

The Handmaid's Tale, anyone?

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's called jumping ship. No one wants to be brought down with a sinking ship, sometimes even if they have a stake in keeping it afloat. Look at how Powell's credibility has gone down despite his just trying to do his duty. It's showing how tired he's getting having to defend something he, more than likely, no longer believes in. And we can see how pissed he is for being used to further political agendas. Seeing as how Bush fought the formation of the 9/11 commision and a central intelligence agency, then takes credit for it, is almost as bad not listening to his intelligence in the first place. Before and after 9/11. Not to mention someone releasing the name of a CIA operative for political reasons.

I don't blame them at all.

4. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Let's see if I get this straight. The Bush administration:

1) Coercively tried to influence the CIA into giving them intelligence favorable to the invasion of Iraq.
    2) Effectively "got caught" in the lie.
    3) Tried to scapegoat the CIA after they were caught.

And these guys are upset?!?!?

Seriously, though, what did Bush and Rove expect? These guys are responsible for the nation's INTELLIGENCE collection. If there was ever an agency you didn't want to piss off, I'd think it would be the CIA.

Taft

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No kidding! They've spent the last three years trying to force the facts to fit into their preconceived plans. And now some of the CIA old guard are blowing the administration's cover? Cry me an effing river!

As far as Colin Powell goes, boy do I feel sorry for the guy. His rep really took a hit for trying to sell the Bush administration's lies. No wonder he won't be coming back for a (God forbid) second term.

All I can say is, if there is gonna be any more damaging information released, I hope it's in the next three weeks.