The Cingular CEO put me to sleep

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frisco, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

I was enjoying my cookies and milk, watching today's keynote with marvel & excitement when the Cingular CEO came on and I passed out on top of my cookies and milk.

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Haha, that part was boring, I agree.

3. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Reading the title I thought you were fired from Cingular. I haven't watched the CEO do his talk because I have limited time and 13-year-old kids like me don't care (About American cellphone carriers. I <3 iPhone) :rolleyes:

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Yeah, he's almost as bad at giving presentations as I am!

5. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Sounded like a marketing blurb for Cingular ... I mean AT&T .... I mean Cingular.

Who knows which these days? :rolleyes: :p :D

6. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I'm 13 too you know.:) I actually watched the whole thing. And the CEO wasn't boring to me. Maybe a bit tedious, but not boring. I honestly hope they have an unlocked version of the iPhone. Or they start providing it to other carriers.

7. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

It wasn't as bad as the Microsoft keynote the other day.. Gates just isn't a good public speaker.. he always says 'uhh'...

8. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I feel asleep somewhere a little bit before that. I put it on at about 11:30... I think I passed out somewhere between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m.. I really hate to say it, but I think I feel asleep while Steve was on stage. :(

I was really, really tired though, and I was laying down in bed with the lights off. It wasn't his fault- it was my fault. Sorry Steve!

9. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

im not sure if i would get an iphone right now, i think it's at least two or three years away from being where it should be. Besides, I think the iphone is only nessary if you need a smart phone... for most college kids it'd be overkill and too big/thick/heavy. Despite all it's faults like crappy ui, I like the razor for that reason. I'm in the camp that thinks a phone should be a phone.... and maybe a really good ultra compact camera. but that's it. Hum. damn you sony, release a 5 mega pixel cybershot phone, you bastards.

10. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

The extra speakers are always the worst parts of the keynotes, then they try to make up for it by having really soul-less performances from family-friendly (no disrespect to Mr. Mayer) artists.