The Clock is Ticking

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Chaszmyr, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

So the special to get $300-500 off on a display with a new powermac ends in... Under 17 hours. There has been a remarkably small amount of noise hinting at new powermacs tomorrow as well. None the less i think Apple isnt going to let me down... I still expect the powermacs tomorrow. HOWEVER if its not on the site right at midnight that doesnt mean it wont be there tomorrow.. Never lose hope!

2. Jays macrumors member

It's the "Calm before the Storm"

I just love this feeling.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: The Clock is Ticking

I'd figure they would debut the new machines at 10 AM EST (US) because thats when the first Apple Stores will open. I might be taking a trip over to my local store at lunch tomorrow.

D

4. DaveGee macrumors 6502a

Re: The Clock is Ticking

Well seeing Motorola gave Apple the 500Mhz G4 in the Summer of 1999 and in three LONG years (less 5 months) hit 1Ghz I'm not sure how you can say you're not expecting to be let down... Nover lose hope is all well and good but after two years I gave up on that slogan.... The faster Apple kicks MOT to the curb and lets IBM do their thing the better.

Dave

5. Liamcow macrumors member

wow, that really sucks, i have to be at work at 10 EST, so does this mean i should just go to sleep and not stay up for this? whatever, i'll be playing URT all night probly :eek: