The College Game of the year hint "Gators suck!"

Discussion in 'Community' started by wake up Jobs!!!, Sep 6, 2002.

1. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

I can feel the intensity now. Number one ranked Miami Hurricanes take on the Number six ranked Florida Gators! I am posting this from my hotel room in gainsville ,fl after a good 7 hour drive from Miami. This gameis predicted to be one of the greatest games this season, posibly in a long time. or some reason, they put us (Miami) as two point underdogs, but thats what they said about the rosebowl, except it was 7point underdogs. Ken Dorsey will be marvelous v.s. a gators secondary that gives up in upwards of 300yards a game on average last season, but miami's secondary will be brand new. the way the hurricanes can win is buy stoping, or rushing rex grossmans passes from what is rated to be the best d-fensive line in college football today (miami'S) we will just have to see:rolleyes: what do you guys think. if we win this game and all the other games this season including the fsu game here in miami, which i will all attend , cause of season tickets, then i dont see why miami cant repeat as national champs.

your thoughts on the biggest game in college football:D

-GaBe-O

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Be careful there. As long as you're talking American football, I don't much care. Say that the Gators suck at basketball and I'll be in Miami in 4 hours looking for you. :D

Actually, is the University of Miami, FL as good as the University of Miami, OH? <ducks>

3. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

ok so you dont follow college football, so ill leave it at that:eek:

miami of ohio :eek: the canes won the national championship
    well im not going to say anything cause it seems you dont know awhole lot about college football.

-GaBe-O

4. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

so no one else cares about college football???????:eek:

-GaBe-O

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Hype is hype - you never know what's going to happen on any given day - look at this past Super Bowl - no one expected it to be so close or more entertaining than the commercials.

6. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Here is the problem that Miami is going to have today. They are going to play a dime package today. that is 4 down linemen, 1 linebacker, and 6 DB's. The problem with this is that FLA will run the draw, as well as the Utah Suffle and expose Miami's inexperience at DB. They are not going to be able to stop Graham.

Score
    FLA 40
    MIA 35

Now,
    If Miami can contain Graham by shifting a fast linebacker into a Rover position making in effect a second LB / CB out there, then MIA can force Grossman to beat them deep. Problem for FLA is team speed with MIA. They are both fast, but MIA is faster. In this case MIA prevails.

MIA 33
    FLA 24

7. job macrumors 68040

job

Bah! ;) :D

I'm looking forward to the Ohio State v Michegan game in the fall.. :D

Ohio State won at Ann Arbor last year. This year they are playing in Ohio... :D

It should be a great game later on in the year.

8. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

UM, UFL?? Bah!!

The REAL game on TV today is Oklahoma and Alabama. The Tide will finally expose Oklahoma for the sloths that they are on offense.

I desperately want Florida to win that game today though, but on the same token, I don't want Florida catapulting up to No.1.

Gus

ROLL TIDE!!!!

9. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

For Bama to win they are going to have to go right at Oklahoma's defense. Last week we did so in the first quarter and the results were great. Then we began to go for the flats. Won't work against a team with Oklahoma's speed.

Bama 16
    Oklahoma 14

Roll Tide!!!!

10. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

well the scores in and b2tm im sorry to say your first score prediction was wrong, MIAMI 41- FLORIDA 16 hah that sums it up right there , the canes came into the swamp and kicked the crap outa grossman grahm jacobs and all the other socalled "canes killers" all i can say is OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH C ,A ,N,E,S CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Screw miami!

ITS ALL ABOUT....

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

12. job macrumors 68040

job

bah! ohio st. kicked them back where they belonged last year at ann arbor.. ;)

just messing with you, Aztec.. :D

13. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Yea, thats right, now get on your knees and apologize :D

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

15. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

To BTTM:

All I can say is: I'm sorry. Everyone in the bar I was in was rooting for the Tide, but OK got lucky at the end. I'll say this, though: Bama is one good team.

To Wake up Jobs!: I am now a believer. Miami is AGAIN the real deal-and that from a Nebraska fan. To go into The Swamp and trounce Florida is no small feat. Grossmoan looked pathetic tonight. There might be a team out there that can beat Miami, but I can't think of who. Oh, it is NOT Michigan. Look at Washingtin's game tonight. That Michigan victory last week was overrated. Might wanna teach your Place Kicker how to kick it straight. :)

Gus

16. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Re: To BTTM:

Wow , I made a beliver outa a Nebraska fan:rolleyes: thats never happened before. The only game Im worried about this year is the Tennesee game in Knoxville none the less. I am not worried at all aboutthe FSU game because its in MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!! and when you come to the Orange Bowl you get killied! "Brooooooooooooooooooooohahaha"- Doctor Evil

-GaBe-O

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, Bama never gave up. That was key. They played with more heart than any bama team that I have seen in the last 10 years. They did what they had to do to win, but in the end Oklahoma played like a champion.

Yes, my 1st assestment was wrong, but the second was dead on.

Miami is legit, and Tennessee is the only team with hopes of defeating them.

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i like the rivalry between stanford and berkeley in california, or usc vs ucla

it is the ultimate "california style" battle of the haves vs the have nots

while all four schools are great in their own way, all rated in top fifty, the campuses and makeup of the student body, and their life beliefs, are night and day

it's the middle class public school mentality of the two UC schools (state funded) vs. the privelidged "connection" based schools like stanford and usc

neither has a better philosophy, but the clashes in lifestyle and basic beliefs come alive during the football games

during the usc vs ucla football clashes, the ucla (middle class) students used to clang their 20,000 car keys making fun of the usc students who most likely got their first bmw or mercedes when they were 16...basically, spoiled rich kids:p