Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you buy a blue iPhone?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 88 53.3%
  • Only if it had a black front.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I prefer the Gray/Silver/Gold/Rose Gold.

Votes: 27 16.4%

• Total voters

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Sapphire iPhone 6s.jpg

Let's all be honest with ourselves, we would've KILLED to have gotten an iPhone that looks like this.

Just me? Oh well, haha. Thought i'd share. I modeled the blue off of the iPod touch's blue but made it a little lighter (I figured it would be a little too dark with the touch's blue).

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
I just wish it was slate again, like the 5. So beautiful.

Yeah, I'd like to see Slate make a return, or a darker Space Gray.

I probably wouldn't buy blue/white, though it pains me to say so because those are the colors of Greece. It doesn't look bad, I'm just a grayscale kind of guy.

Reactions: Mufaddal

ultravisitor

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2015
Chicago, IL
That blue is a little too light, but I'd probably buy it with a black face.

If Apple were to do a blue-black aluminum model, I'd buy it regardless of whether the face was black or white.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
View attachment 584936

Let's all be honest with ourselves, we would've KILLED to have gotten an iPhone that looks like this.

Just me? Oh well, haha. Thought i'd share. I modeled the blue off of the iPod touch's blue but made it a little lighter (I figured it would be a little too dark with the touch's blue).
It looks nice but would be more nicer if It has a black face plate

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
If you could do a mockup with a darker blue and a black face, that'd be sweet.
I would totally rock that color. It looks awesome on the iPhone!

Hopefully Apple lays off the white faces for a while. Four white faces and just one black option would be a bit much...

Reactions: AppleWes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
If you could do a mockup with a darker blue and a black face, that'd be sweet.
I would totally rock that color. It looks awesome on the iPhone!

Hopefully Apple lays off the white faces for a while. Four white faces and just one black option would be a bit much...

It would put it more in line with the iPod family, which has Blue, Gold, Silver, Space Gray, and Pink (This "Sapphire" would correspond to the blue, and the Rose Gold would be the lighter, fancier version of the pink).

I think tomorrow I'll work on a dark model!

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
I thought they were going this route this year. Could definitely see it down the line. I would buy this model in an instant!

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
Yes! Exactly what I've been wanting! Maybe darker, but still looks great! Please give us some sort of metallic blue, Apple!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
As long as Apple makes these things super slippery and with displays that are easy to break from a drop, I'll be putting them into cases which cover up 95% of the color. The most important thing for me is having a black front. That being said, I might consider ordering something like this with a windowed bumper case.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
ONLY FOR WOMEN. Real men only have black phones.

In all seriousness though, that is really nice. I low key hope that they open it up to more colours.

Scarlet Siren

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Edinburgh
Not for me but it looks GREAT! Nice pairing with the white bezel.

Please do a mock up of the gold or rose gold with the black black bezel (to remind me of what I really wanted).

soupcan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2014
Netherlands
If only with the black front... Or a darker blue back with a black front, like the new iPods. Or Product RED (like the iPod Touch) with a black front...

A man can dream.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
There are many colors I would love to see the iPhone come in. I'm disappointed not to see apple expanding the selection beyond space gray gold/rose gold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.