The continuing saga of Michael

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Interesting article, and it should be an even more interesting interview, but I don't think I could force myself to watch it.

Best quote:
    "Jackson denied ever having had any alterations to his face other than two operations on his nose because "it helped me breathe better so I can hit higher notes.

He said his face was never reshaped with plastic surgery. "

Maybe the aliens he has contact with use a different procedure with out knives or lasers :rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/05/michael.jackson.ap/index.html

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

He is such a freak. I cannot believe that we even talk about him anymore. His music is dead, except for those of us that still like to listen to his old music.

3. iGav macrumors G3

I watched it when it was on the other night....

In parts he came across as being (relatively) normal..... then he transforms into a space cadett and zooms off towards galaxy strange.....

He's good at climbing trees though!! :p :p :p

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

SMOOTH CRIMINAL!!!

Other than that one song, MJ isn't even a part of my reality anymore. What a freak.

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

He's been living in his own world for years now, its truly amazing if you look at all that he has done to himself and surrounded himself with.

I think its all a morbid fascination with MJ that keeps him in the news so much. That and the fact that we can always point to someone who is much weirder than us....;)

D

6. macktheknife macrumors 6502a

macktheknife

I usually try not to impose judgement on celebrities given the tabloid's propensity to exaggerate. But in the case of MJ, his behavior and appearance speak for themselves. :eek:

I remember how the old MJ during the 80s when his "Thriller" and "Bad" albums ruled the charts. He was so cool then. My mother (not a pop music fan by any means) herself commented how Michael was so "handsome" then. Now, to paraphase her, he looks like a complete freak since he doesn't look black, white, etc.

7. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

"Plastic" Surgery

-Gents

I agree with Michael. The surgeons didn't use Plastic.

THEY USED METAL KNIVES DAMMIT!

Nobody asked him that :rolleyes:

Yeah, sarcasm :D

His hair never caught fire either.

All we have to do is remember that this is the same guy who at the same time is yelling "Leave Me Alone!" (remember the song?), then goes and dangles his son.

He dosen't even have the excuse of drugs!

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sort of sad when you think about it...

No matter how outlandish and strange a parody Weird Al tries...

People would take one look at it and say, "OOoooh, must be a return to normal parody."

9. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

In the first half of the doco, I really felt sorry for the guy - beaten by his dad with anything he could lay his hands on, not being able to be a kid, going through life without experiencing a decent, well-rounded childhood...

...that's got to do some serious mental work on a person. It's little wonder, then, that he can relate to children far easier than to adults. In fact, you could say he'd reverted to the childhood he never knew - and become the antithesis of his father in the process. If his father was vindictive, he would be the opposite. If all his father could do to show his emotions was to hit, he would hold. And when Martin Bashir talked to Michael as if he was a child - he got the response he was after. Michael acted like a little boy.

Look at NeverLand, for example - a classic example of regression. He even thinks he's Peter Pan...

I don't doubt his motives for a second. I do, however, doubt his methods. Sleeping together? Giving children that kind of attention is definitely unwarranted, especially in this day-and-age of paedophillia and kidnappings. Michael Jackson may not have mentally grown-up, but he certainly has a moral responsibiliy as an adult by default of age.

And as for dangling his baby from the hotel window - completely irresponsible.

So, towards the second half of the programme, it was clear this was to be a big stitch-up. Michael was always set to go for a fall on this show. And Bashir didn't even have to open his mouth to let it happen.

:rolleyes:

10. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

'Thriller' was brilliant.
    'Bad' was good (no pum intended)
    Everything else since is just pure crap.

That face and the facial expresions - only kids could relate to that, thus he surrounds himself with them.

The scary part is he wants to adopt 2 children from every continent. Is he trying to build a new family or a harem!!

Creepy and (now) untalented. Any relation to Maria Carey?

11. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

I GOT IT! He thinks he's the new Noah!

He's got an Ark stashed somewhere.

:p

12. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

Musical genius and bad childhood aside, the man does appear to be horribly naive.... possibly due to the fact that he resides exclusivly in a dream world. :rolleyes:

13. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

The music lasts forever, though... He's a legend.

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Using the interview as evidence...

Would it be worse to take the kids away, or leave the with a loving parent?

Obviously the precedent set by taking the children away would be worse than leaving them.

They say the natural parents deserve to be involved in and raise the children, but this would automatically dump all surrogate babies back with the mother.

They say he endangered his child, and thus deserves to have all the children taken away -- but this would mean no parent can raise any child -- mistakes happen when parents raise children. All this would do is say that no parent should raise a child and hello to creche centers and babies raised by the state.

Just looking at the incident from Jackson's side, you have a bunch of people demanding to see the kid. He obliges, and the media spins the incident out of control. It's media hype...

There's stupidity on each side, and it's hard to tell who the bigger fools and freaks are...

OK I take that back, it's rather easy. :D