The cost of a lawyer...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ja Di ksw, Feb 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to open up a crowdfunding site, and I thought it would be good to have a lawyer go over it to make sure everything is written and set up in a way that won't cause legal problems. Does anyone know how much a lawyer costs to look over a business before it starts up? I'm just wondering about a ballpark figure, I don't know if it's $1,000 or $100,000.
    Thanks in advance :D

2. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

That's not really an answerable question for people here. It would vary a lot depending on the lawyer, your expectations, the business, the hourly rate, etc. I suppose some will venture a guess, though.

3. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Whatever it is, I'm certain it is too much. And mobilehaathi is right, it's a bit difficult to answer.

4. macrumors G5

yg17

5. macrumors 6502

I have one here. It's 3.5 cm.

6. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yes.

(It is probably more than $1,000 and less than $100,000.)

EDIT: The low end implies a task that can be accomplished in a few hours, the high end could be perfectly reasonable if it requires a number of attorneys for a week or two.

B

7. macrumors 68000

4JNA

to legit to quit.

thing is does it involve a 'Patent' lawyer, or just a normal business start-up and LLC/PLC or other paperwork. as above, your are asking the impossible from an internet forum. a 'ridiculously' well informed group, granted, but still... :):apple::D

if it is a for real idea and is going to turn into a real business... spend the money to build/improve/protect it. your life/money, just my two cents.

best of luck. send me the stock market symbol when/before it goes parabolic... :p