Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Amazon sent me an email about this book being published months ago and I ordered it. It was supposed to ship in September and I finally got it last week. Geesh, talk about a reality book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/104-3185662-5038356?v=glance&s=books

All I can say is run out and buy this book. Very nice hardcover with tons of pics and cool Apple stories. 250 pages of easy to read anecdotes, stories and Apple nuts. MacRumors even has a mention in the book. Coffee table quality book with a very cool cover illustration of the back of a guys head with the Apple logo shaved into his head.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
The book certainly has a very interesting book cover. It's nice to be recognized as the close knit group that we have become over our beloved Mac. Hopefully I will get a chance to see the book in person.

1886411832.01._PE34_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
wdlove said:
The book certainly has a very interesting book cover. It's nice to be recognized as the close knit group that we have become over our beloved Mac. Hopefully I will get a chance to see the book in person.

Dude you do realize that being called a cult is NOT a compliment and generally isn't a good thing...right? :rolleyes:

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
SiliconAddict said:
Dude you do realize that being called a cult is NOT a compliment and generally isn't a good thing...right? :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone needs another session in the Happy Room with Steve-O :rolleyes:

If my wife doesn't get me this book for Christmas, I'm going to have to get it for myself. Would you like a flower, my friend?

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
SiliconAddict said:

<Batman music> na na na na na na na na Leader!

Sounds like somebody needs to be taken out to the country, fed some gruel taught to chant "Steve Jobs is our unquestioned leader", so he can feel better!

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
The only problem with this book for people like us is that it probably won't have too much stuff in it that you haven't already read. I've been reading Leander's Cult of Mac blog for about a year now... I figure that's the same stuff that's in the book- yet if it's really interesting it usually ends up over here in this circle anyway.

Not that this should stop you from getting it for historical value alone.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Yes... must have book.. put on pajamas... drink the kool aid.

BTW - it's on my xmas list - not that I need another computer book but... must have book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.