The Daily newspaper for free?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by adrianeitor92, Jul 7, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

When I downloaded the Daily app 3 months ago I chose the free subscription for 1 month.
    But I don't pay anything and I still have The Daily working.
    It downloads everyday the last news and I can read whatever article,

Why?

PD: Sorry for my English, I'm spanish

2. macrumors regular

db67fm

I believe it gives you 14 days for free. At least that is what I got. You may still have some days left. When your free subscription is up it will stop downloading issues.

3. macrumors member

Is the "Daily" available from the App store?

4. macrumors 6502

Ive noticed this myself...Ive never paid for it and installed it back at launch of the ipad2...however I just recently went back into the app to check it out and the last 3 days Ive received the download each day....I would think it went by 1 month from the free subscription...but I have not opened the app more than 5 or 6 times total....think it will run out when Ive downloaded content 31 times?

5. Guest

After reading the comments here I started up The Daily again and sure enough it started to download the latest edition automatically and my trial expired 2 months ago!

6. Guest

It depends on the App Store (your country) that you're using. I believe that you'll only find The Daily in the US and UK App Stores. So register a free US iTunes account and then download The Daily for free.
    More info here.

7. macrumors 6502a

My free trial expired recently and it's asking me to subscribe. I didn't keep track but I'm pretty sure I logged in 14 (not consecutive) days. I would've been more than happy for it to let me keep downloading updates but at this point I'm not sure I want to pay for a subscription.