THE DEFINITVE "Cool Tool" Thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SilverSide, Oct 24, 2004.

1. SilverSide macrumors newbie

SilverSide

Just sos that anybody buying a new mac knows what cool gadgets to get with it. I will try to update this first post to include a running list of all things posted about. A few to start it off:
    1. The Mouse BT, by www.macmice.com
    2. PowerMate, by www.griffintechnology.com
    3. Brain Bag, by www.tombihn.com
    4. G5 Clear Side Panel, by www.macskinz.com <--- :cool:
    5. iGesture pad, by www.fingerworks.com
    6. Scott's E-Vest, by www.scottevest.com
    7. Dr. Bott TiCase, by www.drbottkg.com
    8. Podium CoolPad, by www.roadtools.com

Also, on a non-computer-related side note:
    1. Series 316 Credit Card Tools, by www.touchofginger.com <--- :eek:

2. haiggy macrumors 65816

I might in the future use the BT mouse if i need the whole wireless concept and feel like replacing batteries. The PowerMate I don't really have a need for, I have a dial on my keyboard for volume and a scroll wheel for text pages. I don't have a G5 so no clear side-panel for me. When I was looking at the Griffin site I saw the iBeam. Looks pretty cool. I might also get an iTrip when I can drive :cool:

3. SilverSide thread starter macrumors newbie

SilverSide

They also have a non-BT 'The Mouse', if you look. I just liked the idea of a Appleish mouse with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel.

BTW, If you post, please try to at least come up with one addation to the list!

4. crazy norwegian macrumors newbie

here's one I just got, is pretty nice

It's "RoadTools Podium BLACK CoolPad for PowerBook" from Other World Computing - http://www.macsales.com.

Nice swiveling stand for the PB - has adjustable height thingys which tilt the computer so you can see the keyboard if your chair is short :)

It is working great with my 17" PB and should keep the base cooler and scratch free.

I use a BT500 rather "small" 3 button wireless mouse from radtech - works good but I'm not sure if I like it's small size after using it for about a week. I'll use it a while longer before I make a final decision on whether I need a different one.

crazy n

5. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i agree with the griffin powermate. people always go ..."ooh whats that..is it a mouse?", they see it pulsing away with the nice blue glow then i have to give an answer which i think is impossible as i dont exactly know what it is myself! all is can say is that it is very useful and looks very cool!