the delete key

Discussion in 'Games' started by KooBrewoP, Aug 10, 2004.

1. KooBrewoP macrumors regular

May 19, 2004
    behind you!
    i am just starting to play age of mythology, but have hit a snag in the form of a delete key absence. In age of empires backspace seemed to work, but no more. Is their a key combination that will act as a delete substitute in a gaming environment?
  2. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Last time I played AoM, it seemed like the delete key was working. Maybe command + delete or use the forward delete key?
  3. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    As a recent switcher it took some getting used to as well!
    I have worked out that (at least in Word) APPLE key + DELETE deletes all letter in the word in front of the cursor... (as does OPTION + DELETE)

but hitting the delete key alone deletes to the left of the cursor...
    and drum roll...
    FUNCTION + DELETE deletes to the left of the cursor.
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Wow, this seems to be inconsistent elsewhere though. In safari (i.e. in this window, delete works like a backspace, FN-Del is the forward delete, like it is in most palces (right of cursor), OPT-Del deletes entire words to the *left* of the cursor, and CMD-Del does makes an error beep and does nothing.

But I'm still caught up in annoyances over the way Office.X keyboard commands work...I wish it enabled document switching via CMD-Tilde like everything else does...
  5. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Guys, we're talking Age of Mythology, not the delete key in general. :rolleyes: