the delete key

Discussion in 'Games' started by KooBrewoP, Aug 10, 2004.

1. KooBrewoP macrumors regular

KooBrewoP

i am just starting to play age of mythology, but have hit a snag in the form of a delete key absence. In age of empires backspace seemed to work, but no more. Is their a key combination that will act as a delete substitute in a gaming environment?

2. applekid macrumors 68020

Last time I played AoM, it seemed like the delete key was working. Maybe command + delete or use the forward delete key?

3. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

As a recent switcher it took some getting used to as well!
    I have worked out that (at least in Word) APPLE key + DELETE deletes all letter in the word in front of the cursor... (as does OPTION + DELETE)

but hitting the delete key alone deletes to the left of the cursor...
    and drum roll...
    FUNCTION + DELETE deletes to the left of the cursor.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wow, this seems to be inconsistent elsewhere though. In safari (i.e. in this window, delete works like a backspace, FN-Del is the forward delete, like it is in most palces (right of cursor), OPT-Del deletes entire words to the *left* of the cursor, and CMD-Del does makes an error beep and does nothing.

But I'm still caught up in annoyances over the way Office.X keyboard commands work...I wish it enabled document switching via CMD-Tilde like everything else does...

5. applekid macrumors 68020

Guys, we're talking Age of Mythology, not the delete key in general. :rolleyes: