Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
So the user guide for the Dell™ 2007WFP is up on Dells website with full pictures and specs. The thing is pretty ugly from the back and sides. It looks exactly like the 3007WFP. Here's the bad news for those expecting more... No component video inputs, no HDCP, 16ms response time. Samsung's new 215TW beats the snot out of this thing. And the design... I'm too lazy to post pictures... like I said it looks just like the 3007WFP... you can just go to the link if you wanna see.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I hope the HD capable 2407WFP supports HDCP with maybe even a HDMI input and has the USB hub too. I'd be PO'd if it didn't, that'd be BS.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
wow that bites the big one. i love my 2405. it's gonna suck for the people who are waiting for the 2407 if it turns out to be as much of a let-down as the new 2007. =/

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
2407WFP... still waiting...

Even if the 2407WFP does end up having HDCP and a decent response time I still wouldn't be interested because of the butt ugly new styling. The buttons are pretty cool though.
front-view-1.gif

Oh, wait I thought it couldn't be lowered. I guess it can. Though not as low as I would like.
vertical-extension%20back.gif

And cable management is nice. Wonder where they got that hole in the stand idea from?:rolleyes:
cable_holder.gif

What the heck... pictures for all!
front-view.gif

back-view.gif

right%20side-view.gif
left%20side-view.gif

bottom-view.gif

tilt-or-swivel.gif

Okay, I'll admit the Picture-in-picture/Picture-and-picture functions as well as OSD menus are better than others I have seen.

superwoman

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Monterey,CA
To me, it looks a bit barebones and fragile.

But I don't think the Samsung 215TW look that much better either. At most, I'd say its stand is more conventional. Neither look sexy.

One thing I never understand... what's with the black frames?

jsw123

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2006
thats a dreaful looking monitor. but its just a moniter so why does it matter how pretty it is?

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
sunfast said:
That looks very very dated. Why can't they copy apple more?

If they did, how many people here would be complaining that they copied apple too much :rolleyes:

Either way, my 2005FPW is arriving today or tomorrow. Makes me glad that I have nothing to regret having purchased it so close to the new one arriving (plus I got it for $336 :D )

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
The stand doesn't look bad and I think the buttons look better than the ones on their previous model. However, why is Dell sticking with a 16 ms response time? You'd think they would at least get it down to 12 ms.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
That is certainly uglier than my 2005FPW... I like the semi-circular design of the base on the FPW, and that silver all over the 2007WFP is nasty.

Still, the Dell displays represent good value - with the money I saved (by getting the 2005FPW over the Apple 20", which uses the same LCD panel) I was able to build a cheap PC for a couple basic things AND buy a GeForce 6800GT to flash into my G4 tower. :cool:

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
FadeToBlack said:
I guess I'm the only one that likes the looks of it better than the 2005FPW.

Nope. I think it looks better as well.

A lot of times when a new product comes out, people are too quick to criticize... and I believe this is the case here. I'll wait to see side-by-side real world pictures to make my final judgement, but from what I'm lookin at, the 2007fpw has better styling.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Capt Underpants said:
Nope. I think it looks better as well.

A lot of times when a new product comes out, people are too quick to criticize... and I believe this is the case here. I'll wait to see side-by-side real world pictures to make my final judgement, but from what I'm lookin at, the 2007fpw has better styling.

Definitely. I like the stand A LOT better than the 2005FPW. My friend's Mom has a Dell and it has a 17" Dell LCD that has a similar stand and I always wondered why the 2005FPW didn't use that stand, as it looks much better.

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
Buttons

I take back what I said about the buttons. I can't see them clearly on my crappy old CRT at home. I got a look at the buttons on my LCD at work. I thought they were seemless like the 3007WFP's ultra sensitive ACD style buttons.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I'll have to agree with the few who like this one more than the prior one. The stand is definitely nicer looking as is the cleaner looking bezel and control buttons.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Eh, screw the stand. If the picture is as good as the one on my 2405, we're set.

Toreador93

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
FadeToBlack said:
I guess I'm the only one that likes the looks of it better than the 2005FPW.

I'll agree with you too. While to two-tone design might not look the best, the front of the panel, and the stand look very sharp to me.

I'd buy one :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.