The "Did Jimmi get a Wii yet?" thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 1, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I've got to say i'm terribly dissapointed in our young padawin RaggedJimmi.

As one of the loudest advocates, championing the Wii cause he still is yet to deal with the exotic delights of Wii'ing :)

So if your as dissapointed please leave some words of badgering :D

Come on Jimmi its 2007 already;)

This post was made on Wii

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

What jimmi doesn't have his wii yet?!?!?!?!:eek:

My excuse I can't find one here in the states so I decided to wait till they are more readily available

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Still drunk from new years I see :p
    Off into town tomorrow. I won't get one. I'd bet on it! Still I've got a nice game and controller collection building up :D 3 Wii controllers, 2 extra nunchucks, 3x2gb memory cards.

I'll trade my nunchucks for a Wii console :p

or! If anyone in the UK is selling one for no reason at all I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands. but not for eBay prices :p

too many :p 's

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Im as sober as an irishman. oh wait ;)

I even hear that Myamoto himself is dissatisfied with your quest for a Wii, so no more excuses young man, we want to see that wii code by the end of the week, otherwise we'll have to take back the fan club badge :D

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's funny... I could order a Wii development kit from NoE right this minute but I can't get hold of one in virtually the whole north west of England.

Wonder if they can play released games :p

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

7. LastLine macrumors 65816

Well as said previously Jimmi, I've still got 2 pre-orders sat waiting to be filled (I'm now number 3 on the list in Currys, and number 1 at Gamestation FWIW) and as soon as they come in I'll get you sorted out if you like :) Be aware the cost might be a bit more than retail (paypal charges and postage) but if it's spare, it's yours.

EDIT: IF you're going in town tomorrow check GAME around opening time as their deliveries come in at crack of dawn, and at least our local store has completely filled pre-orders now, Virgin Megastores at the start of the day, they may not have them then but they always know what's coming, and Gamestation if you have one as most of them are starting to complete pre-orders now (my more local one has but wont take pre-orders)

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I tried putting my Twilight Princess disc in my brothers Xbox but it wouldn't go past the title screen :(

9. LastLine macrumors 65816

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

It got to the title screen :eek: ;) :D

11. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

*ponders whether to go in to Manchester tomorrow and make an impulse purchase...* :eek: :p

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea, thanks for all this :) I'll make a celebratory post (probably from my Wii too!) in this thread if my Play.com order arrives just to let you know. Chances are with Play.com, who knows how long I'll be waiting? And yea I'm fine with the Paypal charges and that. It's just them eBay ones going for 400-500 quid that I'm absolutely avoiding. Few quid extra won't hurt. Especially since HMV undercharged me for a Nunchuck, it'd be like Karma restoring itself.

13. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

goo raggedjimmi! get that wii! play with that wii!!!!!!!

14. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I hope you get yours soon Jimmi it seems weird that you don't have 1 and I do. Oh well I hope it turns up sooner rather than later.

15. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Jimmi, try Woolworths if you can. I saw one in the Brighton store a couple of days ago and they're the only store I've been into that ever has any wiimotes in stock and it has those every time. Nunchucks and classic controllers too. I would pick it up for you if its still there but my guess is that shipping it via Royal Mail Special delivery would probably cost about £30. :(

Edit: Just thought I'd add that last night I had a few people around for new year celebrations, half of who were non-gaming girls (my gf and her friends) and they were all *loving* the wii. It really is a great social machine as well as a great single player machine. I'm so glad I picked up the three extra wiimotes! I also picked up a component cable to use on my flatmate's plasma screen. The picture looks amazing, I just wish they'd used a bit of antialiasing since the jaggies are way more obvious.

16. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well jimmi isn't a hardcore gamer, oh well. He is a fake fanyboy :p

:D

you know i am kidding

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I suppose this distraction free zone has been good. Gives me time to get this game out :p

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You know for a fact that they'd let you?

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Personally I couldn't as I've not got the commercial credentials, but the guys at my university have commercial success. It's a drawn out way, and it'd cost more but the possibilities are greater and at the moment seems to be the only realistic way I'll get one of the buggers.

20. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'm in a same boat as Jimmi, most of my friends all assumed that I have one already. But I got too frustrated trying to find a Wii, so I just bought a 360 instead.

I still want a Wii though, but I can wait longer until stores get more shipments in. My next date to check is Monday. The good thing is there aren't too many new games coming out that I want so I won't be missing much. :)

21. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I think I have decided (After 2 weeks of trying) today that I don't want one.

Dunno why, but me and the GF have decided to get DSes, so we can play BBA, which will be fun.

Good Luck getting yours. :D

22. jdechko macrumors 68040

Come on Jimmi, don't give up. I'd almost given up hope of finding one until spring when I just happened to read the right website at the right time. The store I went to had 18 of them. You'll get it soon enough and then you'll be able to port SS2 to the Wii. :)

23. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Another quitter here. Gave up my Wii quest and bought a 360. Still want a Wii though, so much fun to be had!

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yey :) got a Wii reserved at Argos. Manchesters Argos are getting a huge shipment tomorrow night at 11pm. I have mine reserved and there should be 7 left.
    About time! Never though Argos would come through in the end. "Don't shop for it!..." urgh.

25. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Congrats! :D

I hope they come through for you and in two days' time you're getting sore from Wii Sports. ;)