The difference a couple of months can make.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Backtothemac, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, I wanted to give everyone an update on our situation. Over the last few months, we have been through a lot. I am sure that all of you remember my thread about us being on the verge of eviction, and having just started a new job etc. Well, 2006 started off with a bang. Below are a list of the events.

1. On new years eve. We had recovered and managed not to get evicted from the appartment largely because of help that came from all of the people here. And before anyone asks, no, I am not going to say who helped us because nearly everyone wanted to keep it on the down low. So that being said, macrumors members saved our life. Well, on the friday before new years, we recieved notice from work that they were probably going to be scaling back because of the merger with another company. Wow, I had been on the job for all of two weeks, and now I am about to be let go again, unreal! So, on new years eve, I brought up to my brother in law about what was happening. He asked about me and the business that I wanted to start and I informed him that I could not get the startup money to get it off the ground. He asked for a business plan, and that leads to part 2.

2. My brother in law decided to fully fund my business. We are going to have a retail location, and things are moving along very smoothly. We are incorporated, and have got everything in line with that. So, all in all, it has been amazing. We are going to do pc service, security, and networking. Also, we are going to be Apple resellers, and we will be the only one here in Lafayette. So, we are really excited about that. So the next few months are going to be very interesting.

Well, that is what is going on, I have gone from unemployed and nearly evicted to saved with a job and friends help from macrumors, to unemployed again, to all of a sudden, I am the President of my own company with a partner that is fully funding the venture.

The point of this is to say thank you. Thank you to all of you that helped us during our darkest times, with both prayers, and acts of unreal kindness. Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Glad to hear everything worked out....be blessed.

Bless

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Awesome news. Something here reminded me of you yesterday and I was wondering how things were going.

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Nothing like dreams coming true, congratulations! The site looks nice, too.

7. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Thanks, it is a template, but it is just something to have up there until we need something better.

Thanks everyone!

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm so glad for you. :) I hope you have great success with your business. :)

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, congratulations. That's quite a turnaround, and a very kind and generous thing for your brother in law to do for you.

10. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Hi

I'm really glad to hear things are starting to work out (now comes the hard part - making your business work).

Your web site looks good (if it encourages prospects to make contact, that's all you need)

Also, because I'm a pedantic old fool ... for what it's worth
    - there's a typo on the "about us" page (macHintosh)
    - typo in heading of "individual services list" page
    - (BTW, it might be worth clarifying whether the fees include or exclude travel)
    - on the "monthly service contracts" page, last line, should it read "additional"

Good luck with your venture - I really hope you do well!

11. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I made those changes and a few more. Let me know what you think.