Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeffHoffelder

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2006
I found this page by typing my name into google. The doughnuts were krispy kreme, 3 of them were boston creme, one was jelly. It was the most fun I've ever had, totally worth getting arrested.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Thanks for the additional info, Jeff! Our eyes have been glazing over wondering what kind of donuts they were.

(Can we get you hooked on Macs while you're here? :D )

iwasinvolved

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2006
they had police dogs.... those were the chances. the police car had a police dog, and the one infront of it (also a police car) of course had another officer.

DZ/015

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
New England
Congratulations! I wish I was still young enough to throw doughnuts at cops and still have it be somewhat acceptable. Unfortunately, I am too old to do this sort of thing and have any excuse. I would be beaten and prosecuted!

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
redAPPLE said:
speaking of cops and donuts... this pic made me laugh!
Great picture. LOL.

Where I used to live in the states, if you wanted to find a cop, Mister Donuts was the place regardless of the time of day. Can't say that I blame them as they had some great donuts there.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
JeffHoffelder said:
I found this page by typing my name into google. The doughnuts were krispy kreme, 3 of them were boston creme, one was jelly. It was the most fun I've ever had, totally worth getting arrested.

So, you were indeed the one, eh? Good for you. I never would have thought my question would be answered. I never much cared for krispy kreme myself, so it's good to see you didn't waste any good donuts. :D

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Doctor Q said:
At least they weren't charged with assault with a devil's-food weapon.
Ha! Good one.

Dr. Q, I think I am going to charge you with intent to encourage eating pancakes. Seeing your avatar makes me hungry! :p :D

Attachments

• DrQPancake.png
    DrQPancake.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 416

dman271828

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2006
Sincere regret

October 27, 2006

To the UConn Community:

It is with sincere regret and great sadness that I write to inform you
of the untimely loss of a student member of our campus community.
Jeffrey Hoffelder, a freshman commuter student from Tolland,
Connecticut, died on Tuesday, October 24, 2006.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
I looked at the obit for him.

At the end it says in leiu of flowers that you can donate to the american foundation for suicide prevention.

I think he may have killed himself.

That is so so sad. :(

I feel sorry for his parents. He was only 18

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
An 18 year old committing suicide is tragic.

But this is a wind-up, right?. I mean, the guy posts once (and can - and does - describe exactly how many donuts and what kind). Then another guy, who happens to knows that the first guy posted on MR once only, goes to the trouble of posting - again once only - to tell us the first guy died? I think someone's yanking our chain. :(

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Sad news indeed. This marks the first time I've been made aware of a member who has died. I'm sure it's happened, more than I'd like to think, but I've never known the details before.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Gawd that's terrible. I had a friend who jumped in front of a train, suicide is horrible. I wish I'd never think about it, but I can't help it.

Best wishes to his family and friends...

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Mr. Smith, don't beat yourself up about it. You went by what you seen with your eyes. I don't think his parents will see it. That is what matters the most.

falchek06

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2006
I am a fellow high school graduate with jeff and as searched his name and found and read this post i thought that u should know what happend. His very close friend created a facebook group and posted the truth:

this is for people who dont really know what happened

"heres the breakdown

jeffs been trying to do this since 7th grade. he was my best friend. we spent every moment of the day together. weekday weekend, it didnt matter. i always saw that kid. he would talk to me everyday about this, and i would convince him not to. he loved me so he never went through with it. then he set a date of the 24th, then told me he wasnt going to go through with it because he didnt want to hurt me. i went to school and saw a post he made telling me how he loved me and he had to do it to be out of his misery

at 7am he went down to his garage, started his car, burned two bags of charcoal, lied down and poisoned himself with CO.

theres nothing anyone could have done. it was something he felt he needed to do. he wasnt happy and he thought he had no future

all we can do is respect his wishes and never forget him"

I hope this helps u, despite the sad mood i was in when i saw this forum it mad me laugh and think only jeff could cause all of this.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I am a fellow high school graduate with jeff and as searched his name and found and read this post i thought that u should know what happend. His very close friend created a facebook group and posted the truth:

this is for people who dont really know what happened

"heres the breakdown

jeffs been trying to do this since 7th grade. he was my best friend. we spent every moment of the day together. weekday weekend, it didnt matter. i always saw that kid. he would talk to me everyday about this, and i would convince him not to. he loved me so he never went through with it. then he set a date of the 24th, then told me he wasnt going to go through with it because he didnt want to hurt me. i went to school and saw a post he made telling me how he loved me and he had to do it to be out of his misery

at 7am he went down to his garage, started his car, burned two bags of charcoal, lied down and poisoned himself with CO.

theres nothing anyone could have done. it was something he felt he needed to do. he wasnt happy and he thought he had no future

all we can do is respect his wishes and never forget him"

I hope this helps u, despite the sad mood i was in when i saw this forum it mad me laugh and think only jeff could cause all of this.

Gawd that's terrible, I suppose it's better that he felt happy when he did it. There's nothing worse than dying an unhappy person. Best wishes...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.