The Dukes of Hazard movie will not be released

Discussion in 'Community' started by _bnkr612, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Could this be true?

The write up is here.

Not too worried about it, but Jessica probably is.

2. Mr LuLu macrumors member

I'm pretty sure that WB will cough up a couple of quid and buy their way out of bother!

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

glad to hear it , if it's as bad as starsky and not much then i would steer clear .

lol

4. efoto macrumors 68030

Starsky and Not Much, haha, that is great.
    I actually liked that movie though, retarded it was but it did make me laugh. The little circus midget with knives was hilarious!

I actually wanted to see Dukes of Hazard, mostly because Jessica is skantily clad to a given degree, and that can't be all bad. Plus I figure with her in it the lines can't be all that complex and therefore I was banking on them spending authoring time acutally developing some decent humor, albeit at a low-level word usage. Oh well, if it doesn't come out it won't exactly break my heart :rolleyes:

5. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    And I should be upset that it isn't being released, because??

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I agree, was lookinig forward to see Jessica S. looking 1/2 decent for once (at leas she looked good in the previews/screenshots). But I am relieved because if this movie is released there will be a mass flooding of Daisy dukes... gag, my boyfriend is already looking for some to slap onto me. :mad: When will you hetero boys realize that short and tight do not do not do not equate comfortable?! Sexy maybe... but not comfortable, especially in the summertime heat.

7. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

That's funny, because most of the short shorts I see are on the gay guys stepping out of the 12th St. Gym in the Gayborhood, pulled up tight enough in the crotch to give the Brawny Man a run for his money...

Besides ladies, LESS is MORE. Daisy Dukes are not sexy, they're slutty. They'll get you ogles, but not respect...

8. _bnkr612 thread starter macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

That's humorous, "Gayborhood".

9. efoto macrumors 68030

That first line is funny as hell, can't stop laughing :D

The second line is quite true as well. Some girls prefer the slutty approach, some look better in it :rolleyes:, and some should avoid it all costs. All three should realize that it isn't getting them any respect, just a lot of stares accompanied by drool.

10. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This is disappointing. The movie was shot in my neighborhood for a few weeks.

11. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Thats OK. I'm happy enough watching Jessica in the trailer say "I think something bounced up into my undercarriage.Over and over and over again.

12. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

They'll get my respect..... BUT not in public.

13. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

It's been settled... from IMDb:

After a federal judge last Friday granted a preliminary injunction that would have forced Warner Bros. to cancel its Aug. 5 release of The Dukes of Hazzard, the studio has settled a lawsuit filed by producer Robert B. Clark for an undisclosed sum. Clark had charged that when Warners bought TV rights to his 1975 film Moonrunners, on which the original Dukes of Hazzard series was based, it did not also buy movie rights. In issuing injunctive relief last Friday, Judge Allen Feess remarked, "Plaintiffs have shown a likelihood that they will be able to prove at trial that they have an ownership interest in the Dukes of Hazzard film." Neither side would discuss the settlement outcome.

14. _bnkr612 thread starter macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Well, regardless... Jessica Simpson is a bad singer and this movie will not merit her as an actor either.

This film will be a "hazzard" to your eyes.

15. efoto macrumors 68030

I'm hoping that settlement amount came out of somewhere else in Warner Bros. than from the movie budget. Last I heard (on this forum) was that it was put on hold due to the lawsuit and not finished yet. If that is the case, I would hate to see the settlement amount come from the movie budget and make a potentially poor movie all the worse. I'll still see it of course, but that doesn't change my point ;)

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Who cares? Guys don't stare at girls like that because we're concerned their legs will get cold, so I don't see your point.

17. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I saw the trailer for this movie at Batman Begins, so they are still advertising it...

18. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I care! And I'm sure there are some other females who care as well... "shorter and tighter" clothing is almost never comfortable. :(

19. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

20. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Now THAT'S good writing.

21. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

I don't know about all that...I think Jessica is a fairly attractive young woman...certainly not "hazzardous" to look at ;)

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

films with ex-singers dont work, especially female ones. you have to wait years, like Rose/Billie Piper in Doctor Who. patience is key :cool:

that and i dont like the look of this film. im probably the only person in the world who's never seen the originals either.

23. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Well, she's a great actress. I never heard of her before Doctor Who. I'm sure she's reaching a whole new generation of fans. Me included.

24. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

Between the tv show and the movie

Just show me Jessica Simpson in a bikini for two hours and I'll be happy. No need for sound.

They must have destroyed hundreds of 69 Dodge Chargers to make the original tv show and now the movie. Was it worth it? No way! Those cars are getting harder and harder to come by and are truly one of the greatest to come out of the musclecar era.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.