The dumbest Apple is Dying article ever

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by alex_ant, Aug 8, 2002.

1. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Well, as if there weren't enough other threads talking about x86 Macs and Apple's demise and all that jive, here's another one, this one referencing a ridiculous editorial over at osOpinion:

Wheeeee! Have at it, folks! Be sure to read the whole article though, because that's far from being the only gem.

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

And the Rectum spaek saying....

Lo thought I walk through the Valley of the shadow of Tech I shall frear no Editorial.

So with IBM and Moto producing PPC chips by the bung load for way more than just Apple.... How exactly is PPC doomed?

If IBM is doing a high end pseudo-AltiVec iPower4....... ?(need I go on?):D

With x86 being just a year younger than I am and PPC being a 10 year old RISC in an industry where the newest Gizmo wins?

I suppose this dude has a Compaq Presario running Linux and just thinks he's SOOO COOOOOL. I bet he's even done some hardware mods and painted flames or teeth on the case.:rolleyes:

:D ;)

3. OKComputer macrumors 6502

First of all... I look at it like buying a Honda v.s. a dodge. sure they both get you from point a to point b, but honda retains its value longer and breaks down less. isnt that worth shelling out a few extra bucks for? same with PCs v.s. macs. go ahead buy that pc at walmart for 400 bucks...just be prepared to shell out another 400 every year because you didnt save up for a computer that will last

Isnt Microsoft going to start making its own pc? i thought i heard that somewhere. to make select pcs they feel will optimize their software. heck. that hideous x box is a pc in itself. give me a PPC powered gamecube anyday :-D

did you ever notice that PC users really have no solid reason NOT to own a mac?

okay...maybe they could be a little faster. okay, maybe you could bundle them with a tad more software....but ive had mine for 2+ years and it runs plenty fast for me...even when I use FCP (another great APPLE product)

4. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

What a retard?! For someone who says that PC's are working computers, but also says, "if Apple hardware/software could compete at the same price as my Wintel box, I know I'd switch;" that's the dumbest statement I've ever heard. We all know that PC hardware/software is crap and causes PCs to crash and that Apple hardware/software just simply works. How can anyone make it look like PC hardware/software works well and still say they'll switch to a Mac if it was the same price. Some people just don't get it! Pathetic! :mad:

5. Mr.Hey macrumors 6502

Mr.Hey

This 6ft pile of s**t with feet, someone should take away his typewriter. Its this kind of useless arrangement of words that blah blah blah.;)