The dumbest idea by far for internet security

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gus, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

3. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

At first I was skeptical that you had found THE dumbest idea for internet security, but you were right, it is. I sure hope this never takes effect.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'd say putting MicroSoft in charge of developing the security model for the next generation of internet security slightly more moronic.

Of course they're hoping to own it anyways with that security chip they want to shove down people's throats.

---

As far as a license making things safer... :rolleyes:

This is Dr. William Faenza, he had a driver's license on August 30, 2003 -- after his stunt on August 31st in his little blue sports car, probably won't have a license for much longer.

But licensed idiots like this doctor do scare me.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Wow, people sometimes really do amaze me! Did this guy run though this great idea in his head before blurting it out of his dumb ass???...guess not :eek: :rolleyes:

6. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

are people really that stupid? i mean, why? people can pass it, but then do stupid stuff anyway. weather its on purpose or accidental.
    yeesh:rolleyes:

7. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

LOL I wish I could sign my dad up for it...I have to walk him through sending and editting attachemnts in word, excel.....

Although for the majority of teens this would be highly unnecessary; same goes for majority of relatively young adults :)

8. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The only dumber security idea would be if the department of homeland security were to spend multi-millions on windows based computer systems! :p :p That would be hilariously scary if they made such a horrible error as to trust our security to those slices of swiss cheese!! :eek:

Oh, wait.... :(

*sobs uncontrolably while blubbing about the end of the civilized world*

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

driving, yes.

computers, no.

parenting, yes.

:rolleyes:

pnw

11. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

I agree with the rest of you. Absolutely moronic and the story is not worth the electrons wasted on it.

i_b_joshua

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm surprised that he could manage to get it that fast while drunk. I've heard that getting the shifter into the right gate is a PITA even while sober.

13. gello2424 macrumors member

DAMN that is dumb. "and that is all I have to say about that" -FG

14. cc bcc macrumors 6502

15. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I am not surprised, in fact I figured someone would think of this.

You guys might not realize the paralyzing fear that is felt by most older computer users. You would think that the world has come to an end when they get sent a virus infected e-mail. And the scary thing is most of the people in power feel this way. So in their paranoid world, lets restrict access to the internet, so that bad people can't get us.

But it will never get anywhere unless the US cuts itself off from the internet and monitors all traffic in and out of the country. And I don't see that happening.

16. spinner macrumors regular

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Some people are definitely in serious need of parenting classes. More drivers ed wouldn't hurt either.

17. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Marriage classes wouldn't hurt either. We were required to take some by my church, and I can tell you that it helped alot.

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

"The downside is everybody you know won't be able to have a computer anymore, and I like being able to send e-mail to friends," Schneier said.

At least the flaw was admitted. Don't think that this will ever fly. Probably is just one of those trial balloons coming from academia.

I do like the idea of automatic updates of the virus protection.

19. ibilly macrumors regular

i wonder if a permit will be required for six months, and would be promptly be snatched away upon infraction...

20. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

well, since there is no possible way this could happen, i don;'t know why we're talking about it.

21. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i guess i am getting in on this a little late BUT...

the link does not work anymore and i was wondering if anyone could give me some detail about whatever was proposed (though i gather it is some sort of internet license)

22. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Ya, i can't get that link to work either, can anyone post a synopsis of the article?