iPad mini The Elusive White 16GB Mini - Get One?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OSMac, Nov 2, 2012.

1. OSMac, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

macrumors 65816

Just like the preorders its the white models that are hard to find around here.

The 16GB White in particular. Did you get one?

2. Guest

Not a single White iPad Mini in sight.

It's like a unicorn.

3. iAi
    macrumors 6502

Best Buy I went to did not get any white.

They sold out of black 16GB instantly.

So yeah, white 16GB iPad mini will be hard to get. ;)

4. macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

No whites in all best buys and target in San Diego lol. Yea I was crazy and called and drove to a few.

Picked up a black 16gb.

5. macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I did, the one I preordered. But nobody is kansas got one.

6. macrumors regular

They do exist, I had one in front of me this morning! They brought it out by mistake when I'd asked for a Black one.

7. macrumors newbie

Went to target first thing this morning and all they got in was 5 16gb white minis. I left to get a black one at the apple store.

8. macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

lol, exactly opposite for me. Apple store got next to zero white 16gbs, all the Best Buys in the area only had black models.

You can definitely get your hands on a mini, but white seems to be elusive where I am.

9. macrumors newbie

I actually got one. pulled up to my local apple store at 8:01 and they handed me a card. it was only about 10 people in line. it im in ohio so... good luck guys

10. macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Got mine.

The looks, feel, and most important the weight is awesome.

Screen is so so. I've had a PowerSupport anti glare on my 1st gen since they started selling them so I am used to the lower res, but mini is disappointing. I will say, 5 minutes in and the glare on the thing is driving me mad.

Speed is much imporved over my 1s Gen for sure, but iPhone 5 has spoiled me.

Its like my Kindle Fire, perfect size, not really the perfect device. Typing in landscape is doable with thumbs, and I have average sized hands.

The sound is actually really good on music, way better then 1st gen.

[​IMG]

11. thread starter macrumors 65816

Stock in Calgary was very poor at least were I looked...

Many Futureshop stores only got a few and most 64GB models.
    Bestbuy got none.

Apple Store in the north got very few and was sold out by 8:30am.
    Apple Store in the south at 9AM was out of whites but was still selling 16GB blacks with no line.

12. macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I'll take the Porsche please!! Red would be fine!! ) oh, and put it on my card!

13. macrumors regular

I got mine through John Lewis online in the UK. Picking it up tomorrow

14. macrumors regular

Really?! I walked into the Chinook Apple Store at 11:00am and walked out with a 16GB White

15. macrumors 603

nfl46

I got a black. It was soooo hard to find a 16GB in my city. Both Apple Stores were sold out and most retail stores...luckily, Target had one iPad Mini left. Whew.

16. macrumors regular

Apple Store in Newmarket ONT had zero of them under 64 GB and we were 5th in line...

17. macrumors newbie

I got two, actually. The nearest Apple Store is about 4 hours from me and we don't have a Target or BB in our town, so I ordered a 16GB white from Target.com this morning before they sold out. Then at about 11:30 I was able to get into the Target in the next town over and they had gotten only 5 in, all white 16GB. I bought the last one they had. Tried to cancel the Target.com order but apparently if it's more than 30 minutes after you order it's not happening. Received shipping notification for that one about 15 minutes ago with tracking.

I'll either return one or help someone out who couldn't find one if they are still in short supply when the second one shows up.

18. macrumors 6502

I reserved a white 16GB this at 9am this morning, drive the eight miles into town an hour later and picked it up :D

19. macrumors regular

I got one and my friend who I lined up with got one. Of course it was because we were first in line. My apple store ran out of white iPad minis in less than 10 minutes.

20. OSMac, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

thread starter macrumors 65816

What !!

I was there at about 9AM,
    said they had only black 16GB ones and the truck would not be in until this afternoon.

Oh well, can always swap I guess , not a big deal.

21. macrumors demi-god

MUBiomed

Anyone in the Philadelphia area, I can tell you that the Apple store in King of Prussia had a ton of excess stock. I walked in around 12:00 and they had cards for every color and capacity.

22. macrumors 68030

CrAkD

i got a black and a white. black came fedex white came ups......black was signed for white was missed! So i gotta wait till monday for the white one....looks like it is like a unicorn!

23. macrumors 6502

sam3020

They had loads of whites this morning at the apple store I went to. I picked up a 64gb white :)

24. macrumors 68000

Chicago - northwest suburbs - BB had no white models at all. Went to another store and they only had the 16GB, but across the street was an Apple Store and I nabbed a 32GB - they only had 3 left at 8:10.

25. macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Yes I managed to snag one. Very happy with my choice.