The Empire Strikes Back

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 16, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors regular

Jan 17, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    A better headline would be "The Empire Strikes A Hack".
  3. macrumors member

Jul 23, 2002
    Sounds like a good plan --- for pirates. In this client-server model, all one needs to figure out is how to spoof the client and all will have access to the server. The general model described here won't have trusted clients, so instead of file-sharing, we will have password sharing. It should greatly increase the quality of the pirated files however. :rolleyes:
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jan 9, 2005
    Queens, NYC
    "The Empire Strikes Back" with legal agreements?

No music/media service that requires me to get legal advice to decipher will get my business.
  5. macrumors newbie

Oct 7, 2005
    I'm amazed that such a short article could be so lacking in focus. The author jumps from point to point without regard to any overall statement. It is just a garble of anti-iTunes sentiment. Welcome anything that can bring Apple down!

It is painfully obvious the author has never used iTunes before. I couldn't imagine that he would think each artist having their own unstandardized and unconnected web site would be a better music purchasing experience than iTunes. Oh yay!, then we would be able to use Google to find the song we are looking for instead of that search bar in the iTunes Music Store. And its about time we got rid of the iTunes essentials, iMixes, Genre Front Pages, Artist Biographies, Album Reviews, and every other tool I use to casually browse for music in iTunes and replace that with nothing. Genius!
  6. macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2004
    Does Harmony still work with iTunes/iPod anymore? I thought Apple updated iTunes to break compatibility. Why wouldn't they do the same with this?
    And 70% margins are too low? Boo hoo. That's 70% with fewer overheads. My heart bleeds for the record industry.
  7. macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    Is it just me? But who else is hating the record industry more and more? :mad: