The End for Powerbook Ti

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jeffx342, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

I herd Apple wants to discontinue Powerbooks reason is:

1. too expensive
    2. pain in the ass to manufacture them
    3 "not enough people are buying them"

September 10-14 we are probably goin to find out if Apple is Discontinueing or releasing the next edition of Powerbooks

No if Apple Discontinues pbTi they will not have anything replacing it or anything better

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Troll-O-Meter

------0-----1-----2-----3-----4-----5-----6-----7-----8-----9-----
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Not even a quality trolling, this troll is a little too thinly spread to even be called a real troll.

This troll came in with a bang at around 9 and had good chance of spreading terror, but when confronted quickly spammed his vomit throughout multiple discussion areas lowering the score.

And sadly when in defense of his rumor, uses Crazy Apple Rumors as a source which quickly tanked the final score.

---

This post has been reworked to protect new readers.

3. BongHits macrumors regular

Re: The End for Powerbook Ti

if apple didn't creat a replacement for the powerbook that they are in the *******...im sorry but an iBook just doesn't cut it for me. Two editions of the iBook we already have...so what else??? a wireless tablet that doubles as a portable internet gateway and hasno keyboard but relies soley on inkwell (usb keyboard is an option with built in "monitor stand") o yea!

4. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

INFO

PowerBook G4s are becoming scarce leading up to next month's Worldwide Developers Conference. Crazy Apple Rumors Site has learned that Apple will announce that it is discontinuing the PowerBook line completely.

Apple sources close to the manufacture of the PowerBook indicate that the highly successful professional laptop will be discontinued because it is "a pain in the ass to produce."

"Have you looked in one of those things?" CARS' source asked. "There's all kinds of wires and plugs and these sharp looking brass jobbies that I'm not even sure if it's okay to touch."

"It's really fricking complicated."

Indeed, comments made by Apple Senior Vice President for Hardware Engineering Jon Rubinstein over the past few months corroborate the view that Apple has simply become fed up with producing the award-winning PowerBook G4.

When asked about a potential update to the PowerBook during an interview with the press at January's Macworld San Francisco, Rubinstein sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. "Man, I really don't want to open that thing up again. The last time we did, there were six screws and this little thing that looked like a square bottle cap left over when we were finished. We just sat there staring at each other. No one had any idea where they were supposed to go."

Meeting with Apple resellers last month, Rubinstein again voiced complaints about the complex design of the PowerBook.

"You have no idea how hard it was to get the combo drive into that machine," Rubinstein said. "Me and Greg Joswiak had to push on the back while two engineers shoved the drive in from the other side. There was this horrible scraping sound. Hopefully that'll be the last time we have to change the drive for a while."

CARS' source said the PowerBook will not be replaced by a new model. "What, replace one really complicated laptop with another really complicated laptop? Yeah, no thanks."

This change in Apple's product lineup is not expected to affect the consumer-level iBook, which the source said was "more like an Etch-A-Sketch" in terms of complexity.

5. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

6. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

STOP!

dear dude,
    please stop posting the same exact thing in multiple threads. it is really lame. thanks.
    Sincerely,
    Everyone else.

8. Bear macrumors G3

Re: MysTerY

I think you should get your vision checked by an eye doctor.
    Come to think of it you should go see a counselor and find out why you feel it necessary to spread lies.

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Now if anybody thinks I'm talking about them, please see a doctor.

A brain, a brain, if only I had a brain...

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

everyone know CrazyAppleRumors is a spoof, right?

this is going to the community section....

D

11. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Troll-O-Meter moved to a much better position in three of the threads, didn't have such a good placement in the first thread he started.

Look up...

(this post that used to be here is now the first comment in the thread) ;)

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you were being nice by giving him a 4. I even wonder if it might have been a real attempt at a rumor and not reading beyond the title, just posting it.

But that's giving him too much credit for his stupidity.

D

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

dukestreet,

He's posted this 4 times in his own threads.

He even had the nerve to pollute ARNs front page powerbook thread.

And I definitely cannot go posting the troll-o-meter there.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ooh, didn't realize that - oh well - I closed the other two and left this one available to post to.

hopefully he doesn't try this again.....

D

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

doubtful he'll learn, but he also tried it in games and it quickly died.

17. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

18. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

19. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

uhh, i don't like being the naïve one, but is this guy kidding or just pathetic? i don't get it... normal trolls are easy to spot and figure out, this one confuzzles me... wait Wait WAIT i know the answer, the trolls have bred and MUTATED and produced a hybrid ****-up... i knew this day would happen one day, someone call Blade...

:)
    pnw

20. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Please use the "report a post" link for problems like these threads. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.