The Fall of MR Game Section

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowermacG5, Oct 15, 2006.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

Wow everyone gave up talking about mac games. I find the console integration into this section really takes away from the purpose of mac forums.

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

There was a thread about this less than a week ago.

Simple solution: Don't look at posts about console games.

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

there are many many posts about WoW on macs.. look at those.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

There are threads about WoW, Nethack, Party Poker, Starcraft, The Sims 2, Civ IV, Age of Empires 3, and Halo all on the front page. While not a huge amount, is eight games for the Mac making this 'fall'? I think not.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

As everyone has said this has been discussed on a myriad of occasions.

There simply is not enough Mac games released per annum to warranty a strictly mac only section. 1 new topic every month if your lucky.

There is also a question of where you draw the line, do you include bootcamp PC games ? But then emulators can be played on a mac, so do you allow those games to be discussed opening the back door for console game discussion again.

There is simply not enough posts & new threads even when talking about forthcoming new hardware to justify a split. The main page still has thread topic posts from 3-4 days ago.

It is easy to work out which topics are mac games and avoid the console topics if you see fit.

But the majority and the hardcore regulars of this section are pretty much happy with the balance. A section for the mac community who love 'gaming' no matter the platform.

Also your thread title is a little asinine. Should we not call now have 'The Fall of MR Forums' as there are a lot of posts all over about intel chips (god bless the hardcore ibm nuts), bootcamp (how could apple ever do such a thing)..... So we dont just simply discuss MAC's. It's hardly the end of the world...

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

There are many reasons Mac gaming is in such sad state, one is Apple just has never been behind the developers,another is Apple has a long history of only selling inferior Graphics chips with its products allways using the lower performing and cheaper chips. For example a $2500 Macpro comes with...7300 class GPU? kind of joke just as them using GMA950 in 3 models in effect killing the gaming performance. Also the Console wars with machines that cost what 300- 400 bucks that are using CPU / GPU combo's that makes you wonder why your $1500 Mac gets hammered. Also the Intel switch has many grabbing that old windblows XP so they can get cheaper PC games to play on the Mac. Most of this is Apples fault,crippling,not offering GPU selections,not supporting developers,not attracting the gaming crowd etc. If your upset with Apple you should send them letters,emails,phone calls whatever. Let em know how you feel.(edit) On a positive note Apple has done something they have never done and thats offering the 7600GT option on 24" iMac. First ever GPU option on iMac.

8. mkaake macrumors 65816

Didn't see that one coming.

Anyway, to the OP...

Good heavens, look through the forum. This subject has come up how many times? It usually turns into a very short, but slightly heated debate, asking for the consoles to get their own forum, which is promptly shut down by everyone who realizes there's not enough posts generated to support separate forums...

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

bloody hell again. I should start saving these topics in HTML and making an archive for all to look at previous arguments that have been made over and over. *sigh*

ps. I found a hotspot on holiday! haha.

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

also, keep in mind that the reason there is so much console talk is because new systems are being released this year and so there is a lot of reason to be talking about 'em. by this time next year i'd expect much of the PS3 and Wii talk to die down a bit.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Okay, make a sticky to inform people...wait wait wait...the info is right there..screw that.

This place is for all not just mac gaming. The hot topic at hand right now is the consoles so thats what everyone is smoking on....jimmi is smoking the hardest though:)

Bless

12. harveypooka macrumors 65816

:p