Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
I have modded this plugin by 1fatbastard @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrAKhv3R_c to do the same exact things, but run a lot faster and smoother when playing online Facebook, Kongregate etc... games. Its compatible with all available web browsers for Mac OSX Tiger PPC Machines. I have been using it awhile in TenFourFox web browser since version 6, and since it does so well I figured I'll share it with a mac community. Try, Test and Enjoy!

To learn how to activate Flash in TenFourFox 6+ visit this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1226744/

And here is my Updated Final Plugin:

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/79808293/file.htmll

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Just curious…

I have the Flash plugin mentioned in the youtube video. Get Info says it's version 11.1 r102, which I know is trickery (it's really version 10) but designed to fool websites requiring Flash 11 to work.

Your plugin reports 10.2 r153 using Get Info.

So, my question is, is your plugin going to work with sites that require Flash 11?

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Just curious…

I have the Flash plugin mentioned in the youtube video. Get Info says it's version 11.1 r102, which I know is trickery (it's really version 10) but designed to fool websites requiring Flash 11 to work.

Your plugin reports 10.2 r153 using Get Info.

So, my question is, is your plugin going to work with sites that require Flash 11?

This thread is starting to hurt my head.

I have no problem using flash, and it shows up s 10.1 r102. Do you (or anyone know what I can do to upgrade this?

Thanks.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The last version of Flash compatible with PowerPC Mac is 10.1 something. But there are some websites out there that require Flash 11 to display Flash video.

A while back someone "hacked" the 10.1 version so that it showed that it was Flash 11. It's the same plugin, the version is still 10.1, but it reports itself as 11 and websites that require Flash 11 to work are fooled.

The OP of this thread is providing a Flash plugin that shows the true version number or at least a version number that is not version 11. So my question is if websites requiring Flash 11 will still be fooled.

You might want to look at this.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
The last version of Flash compatible with PowerPC Mac is 10.1 something. But there are some websites out there that require Flash 11 to display Flash video.

A while back someone "hacked" the 10.1 version so that it showed that it was Flash 11. It's the same plugin, the version is still 10.1, but it reports itself as 11 and websites that require Flash 11 to work are fooled.

The OP of this thread is providing a Flash plugin that shows the true version number or at least a version number that is not version 11. So my question is if websites requiring Flash 11 will still be fooled.

Yeah, I got the gist of your post. Your response also reminded me that I did the "trick fix" with Flash that fools Web sites to treat it as though it's Flash 11, though I don't believe there's any effective way of knowing this.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yeah, I got the gist of your post. Your response also reminded me that I did the "trick fix" with Flash that fools Web sites to treat it as though it's Flash 11, though I don't believe there's any effective way of knowing this.
If you want to check, try this link

When I check that link it reports the version on my G5 quad as such...

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 456

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
I installed it (replaced mine on /library/internet plugins ) on 10.5.8, and it reports: 10.0.22.87

It is supposed to be tiger only?

Same here, I did the test and got 10.0.22.87

Although, I can play videos on Facebook now. Any ideas?

----------

Yeah, last flash version is 10.3... so how convenient is this one?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Yeah, last flash version is 10.3... so how convenient is this one?

The current version of Adobe Flash is 11.4. The last version with PowerPC support was 10.1. Having the 10.1 one report as 11.1 allows it to display videos and media from sites that check for an 11.x installation.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
The current version of Adobe Flash is 11.4. The last version with PowerPC support was 10.1. Having the 10.1 one report as 11.1 allows it to display videos and media from sites that check for an 11.x installation.

Sorry I meant for Leopard/Tiger Powerpc

I ran the test and there's a chart below the version number, and it states that the last version for our architecture is 10.3

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Yep, that's my work - I posted it on here a couple of months ago. The general consensus is that most sites load fine - but there will be the odd one which refuses to work because of a genuine requirement for 11.5 functionality which we don't have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.