the faults with my macbook

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by mckvakk, Dec 11, 2006.

1. mckvakk macrumors regular

2. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

My old MacBook has all those same problems and the logic board died as well. Now on my new MacBook I can like push in on the sides and the battery is the same but it doesn't bother me that much, it works fine.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Had a similar problem with my iPod, but it let dust in the screen which was a problem, this is less on one, but I'm sure it would both me.

(Would I post a thread of picture? No I'd call up Apple)

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

mine has some of those, as in battary issue like that and how the lid is slightly not flush with the base when close (minor overlap)

not a big deal as it works and you cant expect it to be 100 percent perfect. nothing in manufacturing is

5. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

I have those faults on the side and battery and mine is chipping pieces on the keyboard area and trackpad area.. Apple offered me anything i wanted around 150 dollars if i sent my macbook in for a complete case replacement. But i really need my MacBook for school and im not willing to share my moms hp windows crud machine for a 150 dollars..

6. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

If you're not happy with it, I'll gladly take it! :D

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

yep, slight gap there. Here's one i found somewhere else. The goods and bads of plastic...

8. ruutiveijari macrumors regular

I have that exact same problem. Although I can only push in the left side of the machine, the right side is sturdy. The left side gives in about 2 mm and squeks a little bit.

9. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

That's not normal, I don't have any gaps on my MacBook.

10. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

That's a very sloppy assemby by Apple's factory. I would have Apple fix that thing. But, if you cannot part with your Mac for a few weeks, then, you would have to take that defect as is.

11. CedarPoint182 macrumors member

The left side of my casing also can be pushed in, but I was told that is normal. All of the display models do it at least.

My casing can also be pushed in around the display (this happens with relatively low pressure i.e. opening and closing- and has gotten progressively worse. I convinced Apple to have them fix it, although it came back quite un-fixed. I have to send it in again before they give me a new machine. They did give me a battery though.

On a slightly related casing note, I've noticed that after just 2 months of use the trackpad has gotten quite shiny. I understand this is inevitable in laptops, but in 2 months? Usually I see this in 2-2.5 years. Is this considered a defect and part of the whole casing and discoloration problems in MacBooks (something they will repair) or is it considered normal? Its not a big deal at all, I just wanted to make sure my lower casing wasn't a problem too.

12. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

my 12 inch powerbook has alot of those gap issuses...:eek: i tried to take pictures and show people but they thought i was nuts since they weren't high-res and crystal clear pictures.

the gaps and the battery thing really tick me off and i hope apple does a better job of it in the future... (although i doubt it, since my 12inch powerbook has the problems and so do the new macbooks apparently..:( ) It's not a big deal, but if my view of apple=quality than i expect no gaps! lol

13. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Haha... on the left side of my macbook, just next to the security lock, you can push that part in (at the first screw) it squeeks... I find it more amusing than anything. it could be a fault, but im not that bothered.