The federal government's "no sex without marriage" message isn't just for kids anymor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by KingYaba, Nov 2, 2006.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-10-30-abstinence-message_x.htm
    LOL

So... how did Lewinsky avoid pregnancy?

Complete waste of money. WOW

I'll agree with that.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

safe-sex is what should be taught to all. not this BS.

yeah more women are having babies outside of marriage, but hmmm maybe its because they don't all want to be married. :rolleyes: novel idea.

marriage isn't the be-all-end-all solution for everyone.

being safe and knowing the potential risks of sex is what people need to know in order to curb STDs and unintentional pregnancies.

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Has anyone heard the phrase "You're not wrong, you're just an *******."?

Yes, abstinence would solve all problems involving STDs and teenage pregnancy. There's only one tiny flaw in their brilliant plan. All they have to do is get people to stop having sex. Ready? Go!

The thing is, this BS is obviously not about stopping teen pregnancy or STDs, it's about pushing far-right Christian morals on people. If it were about the actual problems and not the morals they would be pushing actual workable solutions, like condoms, birth control and Plan B.

But we all knew that already.

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

perhaps such brilliant programs should be adopted here to drive up teen pregnancy ratings... i guess that would help our low birth rates

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

They sure do find new ways to blow the treasury, 50 million? wouldnt that pay for a lot of other stuff? maybe some body armor for our troops ? Our govt is lost. Its like studying Cow farts or the Bridge to nowhere. Why dont they just start burning the money they are printing?

6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I thought God wanted us to be fruitful. Where did it say we had to be married first? Who married Adam and Eve, Gabriel?

7. aquajet macrumors 68020

Wait...so if you don't have sex, you won't get pregnant? Wow. I didn't know that.

8. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

unless your giving birth to Jesus

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Worked for Ceausescu.