The Filter for iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vitamin-gravy, Mar 28, 2007.

1. vitamin-gravy macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2007
    Here's an interesting one - has any one else used The Filter? (( ))

I'm really excited about this software - if you've got a really big iTunes library then I thoroughly recommend it.

Basically, instead of using Smart-playlists or shuffle you select a couple of songs and let the filter create you a playlist. Almost like having on your own library.

This thing's been throwing music at me I totally forgot I had, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Big Star for example.

Anyone else having a similar experience?
  2. spicyapple macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    I use it all the time.

Very useful for creating a quick playlist based on your song selections of similar tunes and then loading it on an iPod or burn to CD.

My iTunes library is at 10,000+ songs, so Filter has been able to resurrect long forgotten songs and make them fresh again. Definitely a must-have download for peeps with large libraries who have no inclination to manually create a playlist.
  3. vitamin-gravy thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2007
    I am quickly becoming very addicted to it. It's even managed to get my girlfriend into liking my music. She usually moans about my music choice - but now she can pick a song and feed it into The Filter she actually listens to it more because it feels like she has picked it - even if it is packed with the music I have bought.

I do have some gripes with the software though, the stuff it recommends from the iTunes Store is a bit lame. I just tried to 'Discover new music' from Wilco. I got recommended Wilco... errr not what I was looking for!?!