The first admendment...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Jedi128, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

why is **********.com a bad word? I tried to use the website's name in a recent thread (did not post) and the preview just replaced it with stars?

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Well, there's no way for us to tell, is there? ;)

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

As you can see, we can't read the word in your post. Whatever it is, there is no doubt a reason it is being filtered out. I suggest that you send a Private Message to a moderator for more information.

4. Jedi128 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I really didn't want to spell it out if it is so illegal to say on this forum. Like, why can't I even mention it?

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Also, the first amendment doesn't really apply to privately-owned internet forums.

/mmmm
    //has a 95 in AP Government
    ///deliciously passing grade

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

If it's being filtered out, it's probably because it caused problems in the past.

Counting the asterisks, I think I know what site you're talking about... it's a commerce site based in Rhode Island that sells iPods and other gear at ridiculously low (even suspiciously low) prices, and its name contains the words "me", "for", and "it"... right?

If I'm right, the answer is that that name caused trouble earlier this year, so it's now persona non grata here. Click here for more info.

7. Jedi128 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh.... AP Government, a? I got a 98% first quarter but I'm not trying to brag. I also went to Buckeye Boys State here in Ohio, but know one probably knows what that is..... Its hosted by the American Legion and they pick 2 people from each high school in Ohio..... well, I think my knowledge is more in history than in government and that is why I got a 98%...... but why are we even discussing this! I just want to know what is so wrong with a name of a website.... I can see the link being banned, but the name as well??? Just what is so wrong with it???

8. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

You weren't here for the whole thing... trust me when I tell you that there's a good reason for that word to be filtered.

Trust in the wisdom of the moderators, and let it go.

9. Jedi128 thread starter macrumors 6502

*cough* *cough* Even if that is the site in question that link still leaves some major questions......

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

following the advice posted earlier, PM a mod about it.

11. Jedi128 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did PM a mod and I am awaiting a response......

This is like I'm trying to bring up slavery at the Constitutional Convention... what is sooooo bad about that "me" "for" "it" site anyways....

I do trust the mods but..... I dont know... it just feels like everyone is so afraid of a seeminly harmless little website.....

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if you don't like the rules, sorry, they are in place for a reason, there were issues earlier with the site and justifiably, they don't want it talked about here, simple as that.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=144456

13. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

EDIT:Ew.

NVM, its that site
    [/EDIT]

If you're so sure its nothing "Bad", u...****************** and it won't get auto-filtered.

Be warned though, if it indeed is inappropriate, you may be banned.

14. Jedi128 thread starter macrumors 6502

Personally I think this site is a little uptight about talking about things.... But I guess I'll let it go.

Don't you know if you refuse to talk about something it will just become a much bigger deal later on. I think history has taught us all this.....It has also taught us that if one wishes to be a member of a group, one must follow the rules......

I'll shut up..... I'm just not real happy about it.

15. Jedi128 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, I know how to by pass a filter... but I value my membership to greatly. I would do it, but it might make the mods mad, especially if they said not to talk about it earlier.

A PM might be a good way to communicate, somewhere where someone won't be trying to control and monitor what I say!

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Right you are. There are some things that we can't control here.

If one does not like it, start your own forum. Like one person has done recently.