The first of the Mac mini Accessories!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Peyote, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

Nothing really to write home about, but still interesting nonetheless.

http://www.plasticsmith.com/

They are making monitor stands that your mini can fit under, acrylic "skirts" (bases) for your mini, and vertical stands, which I don't really see the point of.

The monitor shelves look interesting though...and I would consider getting one, but they can support a max of 60 lbs....my LaCie monitor is 55 lbs. It would probably bow down in the middle to an extent. Steel and acrylic are available.

EDIT: I believe the VERY FIRST accessory was actually the little carrying zipper pouch. Anyone know of any other accessories?

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

They are kinda cool... the stand I can't use, since my Mac mini resides in a pretty "short" space, but the skirt would work. Just eye candy, though.

What I would be interested in is a replacement shell for the Mac mini... say, a totally-clear Lucite shell with the Apple logo laser-etched into the top. THAT would be cool.

3. Peyote thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peyote

4. vtprinz macrumors 6502

They're charging $35 for a piece of bent metal/plastic!?!

Seriously, you could make an identical monitor stand yourself for much cheaper.

5. brap macrumors 68000

That 'miniTower' looks cool. Stand it up next to your LaCie Big Disk...