The Fix for IP5 yellow screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuti, Jan 2, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Few days ago I was about to make appointment to Genius bar to swap the yellow screen, I gave it a last chance to leave my IP screen turning on for 14 hrs straight.
    Guess what ? the yellow screen is now gone, right now the screen looks cool blue color. I just love it.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

Thats good that it worked, although posting a screenshot wouldnt show us the yellow tinge or cool blue your talking about haha

3. macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Wow, i totally see the difference!

4. macrumors 6502a

I LOL'd.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I did not take picture before the fix, but I knew it was very yellow compare to my wife IP 4S, it was very annoyed feeling. Darn, the current color right now is just perfecto.

6. macrumors 6502

For the duration of the "on-screen" time, I really hope you've used a video or a animated GIF.

Keeping the same image displayed for such a long time will have a high percentage of causing that image burned into the screen.

7. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info.. I was aware of this.. but it still has 11 months coverage by Apple. I just did the screen test with different whole screen color, it looked just fine, no burning ghost image at all

8. E2EK1EL, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

macrumors 6502

^^^ LOL

Glad nothing got burned in like ...

The infamous Super AMOLED screen burn problem

[​IMG]

Roommate trying to be funny

[​IMG]

9. macrumors 65816

It's all in your head.

10. macrumors member

the pedometer?

11. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

^False

12. macrumors 6502

I think people only think they have a yellow screen when in reality they don't. This happens with every Apple device. I think people just say they do for attention. Even if the screen is not as "blue" as the previous gen iphone does that affect your performance on the phone?

13. macrumors 68030

Actually, this can be caused by small amounts of glue between the LCD and digitiser which has either not dried or not dried transparently. Leaving the screen on for 14 hours would have heated the glue up enough to rectify either issue :).

14. macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

This gave me a quick laugh lol

15. thread starter macrumors member

Yellow is a known issue, no question about it. Bring the yellow screen Apple device to Genius bar, they will exchange just 1 for you with no question ask.

To answer your question, let me ask you this, when you pour new soda can 7up to the cup, which color would you like to enjoy, "yellow" tint color or clear white color ?